How Do I Change the Date or Time on a DSC Impassa?
You can change the date or time on a DSC Impassa by pressing [*]  [Master Code] from the main screen of the system. This will take you into a menu where you can change the system's date and time. You can set the hour, minutes, month, day and year for the DSC Impassa Alarm System.
When you first power up the DSC Impassa, the Date and Time will be set to the default values (blank). The system will log this as an error, and will include it with any other reported errors that it may be displaying.
Complete the following steps to set or change the date and time for a DSC Impassa:
1. Access the menu. From the main screen with the system disarmed, enter the command [*]  [Master Code]. The default Master Code is 1234. Entering in this command will take you into an options menu. Keep pressing the right arrow until you reach an option called "Time and Date". With this option displayed, press the [*] key to enter the Time and Date sub-menu.
2. Enter the time. First you will enter the time. Enter in the two digit hour, followed by the two digit minute. Please note that the system uses 24-hour military time. For example, if it is 4pm, you will enter in "16" for the hour. Once you have entered the hour and the minute, you will automatically proceed to entering in the date. At any point, you can press the left or right arrow to move the cursor to a different selector.
3. Enter the date. After entering in the time, you will be prompted to enter in the date. The date consists of a two digit month, a two digit day and a two digit year. So if it is June 9th, 2018, you would enter "06 09 18". At any point, you can press the left or right arrow to move the cursor to a different selector. Once you have entered the date, the panel will beep three times to confirm that the time and date have been successfully entered. You will then be return to the options sub-menu.
4. Return to main screen. Press the [#] button twice. This will take you back to the system main screen. The correct time and date should be set for the system.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems