How Do I Check the ECP Address and RIS Address on a Tuxedo Touch?
You can check the ECP Address and RIS Address on a Tuxedo Touch by accessing the ECP Address Menu on the keypad. You will need to know the necessary Installer Code to get into the menu. If the keypad is already programmed with a system, then it will use the system's Installer Code.
The Honeywell Tuxedo Touch is a touchscreen keypad for a Honeywell VISTA System. As a keypad, it connects with the system's ECP bus. And as such, it is assigned an ECP Address. For more information on properly addressing a Tuxedo Keypad and assigning it an ECP Address, please review this FAQ.
In addition to controlling the system, the Tuxedo Touch also operates as an automation controller. This means that it can be used to control a variety of Z-Wave smart home automation devices like smart lights, door locks, and Z-Wave programmable thermostats. You can do all of this at the Tuxedo Keypad itself by using it as a touchscreen controller.
Honeywell also offers a remote interactive service platform called Total Connect 2.0. This platform allows you to control your automation devices from pretty much anywhere in the world using a web browser or a mobile app on your phone. These commands travel from the Honeywell AlarmNet360 Servers, then to the Tuxedo Keypad, and finally to the actual device.
With that in mind, the Tuxedo needs to be connected to the internet (WIFI or ethernet cable), and it needs its own Remote Interactive Services (RIS) Address. The RIS Address is viewable from the same menu as the ECP address, and both need to be configured properly in order for the Tuxedo to function as desired.
To put things into perspective:
- The ECP Address tells the panel where to find the Tuxedo as a keypad controller for the VISTA System.
- The RIS Address tells Total Connect 2.0 and AlarmNet360 where to find the Tuxedo as an automation controller.
If you want to find the ECP and/or RIS Address, complete the following steps:
1. Access CS Setup Menu. Start from the main screen of the Tuxedo Touch. Click the settings icon in the bottom-left. This is the picture of the wrench and screwdriver. Then choose the System button near the right side of the screen. Then select CS Setup.
2. Provide the Installer Code. If the Tuxedo Touch has not yet been programmed with a system, then it most likely has its default Installer Code of 4140. If the Tuxedo Touch is set up with a VISTA Panel, then it will use the same Installer Code as the panel. For a Honeywell System, this is typically 4112. However, the Installer Code may have been changed. You will access the next menu after providing a valid code.
3. View the addresses. Click the ECP Address button near the upper-left. The ECP Address and RIS Address will both be displayed on the screen. This is also where you can adjust these addresses if needed. Click the Apply button at the bottom if you make any changes.
4. Return to home screen. Click the picture of the house to return to the home screen and exit keypad programming.
NOTE: In the image above, Primary RIS Device is checked. When using Total Connect 2.0, this box should NEVER be checked.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More