How Do I Disarm My DSC Alarm System?
You can disarm your DSC Alarm System in one of three ways. First, a DSC System can be disarmed directly from the panel. Second, a programmed key fob can be used to disarm a DSC panel. Third, the system can be disarmed from Alarm.com. A DSC System can only be disarmed if the system is armed.
A user will disarm their DSC Alarm System when they return to the building after being away. They will also disarm when they no longer want the security sensors used with the system to be active for triggering an alarm. Disarming the system is a quick and easy process that can be completed in a matter of seconds.
There are three possible ways to disarm a DSC System, and they are outlined below:
1. Disarm from the panel. To disarm from the panel, simply enter in a valid user code or the Master Code. The panel will be immediately disarmed if a valid code is entered. If an invalid code is entered, a two-second error tone will chime. If this occurs, press the [#] key, and then try again.
Programming location  Keypad Lockout Options will affect how many failed attempts at entering a valid code are accepted by the panel. The default setting is 0, which means this feature is disabled. Valid entries are 000 - 255. The lockout duration is programmed in minutes in this same field. Valid entries are 000 - 255 (default is 000).
2. Disarm with a key fob. To disarm using a key fob simply press and hold the disarm button on a programmed key fob while within range of the system. The disarm button is usually identified as an unlocked lock. The system should immediately disarm once it recognizes the command from the key fob.
3. Disarm through Alarm.com. If the DSC System is set up with Alarm.com, a user can access the service to disarm their system. This is done by first logging-in to the Alarm.com account through a web browser or the Alarm.com Mobile App. Under the security tab of Alarm.com, there is an option for system disarming. The system will disarm once it receives the command from alarm.com.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems