How Do I Get a 2GIG GC3 To See A High-Security 5834-4?
Since May, 2015, all new 5834-4s come from the factory set to High-Security mode. This means, once the fob has been enrolled and synced with the panel, it uses a different, rolling code each time it transmits, and only the fob and the panel it’s synced with can anticipate what it will be.
Using High-Security mode keeps tech savvy individuals, with certain types of RF sniffing equipment, from capturing the information transmitted by the fob, and using it to control your system without your knowledge. When in High-Security mode, the LED at the top of the 5834-4 will flash Red each time the keyfob transmits. The 2GIG GC3 can support the 5834-4, but not in High-Security mode, so in order to use it on a GC3, you must take it out of this Mode, to do so:
- Lay the 5834-4 on a table or desk.
- Press and hold the B, C, and D buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds.
- The LED at the top of the 5834-4 will flash Green for a few seconds, then turn off, to indicate it is now in Low-Security mode.
- Now you may enroll the 5834-4 into the GC3 like you would any other keyfob.
Please Note: The panic feature will not work on the 5834-4 when used with the 2GIG GC3.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Wireless Alarm Systems
- Wireless Alarm Control Panels
- Security Key Fobs
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Honeywell 5800 Key Fobs
- Answered By
- Julia Ross