How Do I Program the Honeywell 5806W3 to the Lyric Security System?
You can program the Honeywell 5806W3 to the Lyric Security System by putting the Lyric Controller into its wireless enrollment mode and then activating the test button on the 5806W3 three times. The smoke detector will be automatically sensed by the Lyric. Its settings must be configured.
The Honeywell 5806W3 operates at a wireless frequency of 345 MHz. This makes it compatible with the Honeywell Lyric Controller. While the device provides photoelectric smoke detection, it does not offer any heat detection function. If a user wants a similar device that also provides heat detection, they should obtain a Honeywell 5808W3 instead. Also, the Honeywell SiXSMOKE is an encrypted smoke and heat detector that is designed to work exclusively with Honeywell Lyric Systems.
Complete the following steps to program the Honeywell 5806W3 to the Lyric Security System:
1. Enter enrollment mode. Start from the home screen of the Honeywell Lyric Controller with the system disarmed. Choose Security > Tools > Installer Code (default is 4112) > Program > Zones > Add New > Serial Number. The Lyric Controller will now be in its wireless enrollment mode. The screen will display "Enter Serial No. or Activate Sensor".
2. Enroll the device. The 5806W3 features a recessed test button that can be used to learn-in the device. Use a thin object, such as a tooth pick, or a paper clip, to activate this button. The panel will chime when the test button has been activated. The test button must be activated a total of three times to auto-enroll with the system.
The diagram below shows the 5806W3 test button:
3. Adjust the settings. The settings for the 5806W3 must then be configured. The Loop Number should be set to 1. The device can be named using the Zone Descriptions. The Device Type should be set to "Smoke Detector". The Response Type can use "Fire with Verification" or "Fire no Verification". Alarm Report should be set to "Yes" so that the device can report out to a central station. The device should be Supervised so that the system can verify that it is working properly.
4. Save the changes. Press the "Save" button in the lower-right corner of the screen. Then repeatedly press the return arrow in the upper-right corner until the panel returns to its home screen.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- Wireless Smoke Detectors