How Do I Reset a Tuxedo Keypad?
You can reset a Tuxedo Keypad by first determining the type of reset to perform and then following the necessary steps to execute the reset. There four types of resets that can be performed on a Tuxedo Touch. Two involve the Z-Wave controller, while the other two involve the AUI keypad.
The Tuxedo Touch is a touchscreen keypad for a Honeywell VISTA System that doubles as a Z-Wave controller. It is an Advanced User Interface (AUI) device that takes up one of the system's available AUI slots. As a fairly advanced piece of hardware, there are four possible resets you can perform. These are:
- Keypad Reboot Reset
- Keypad Factory Reset
- Z-Wave Reboot Reset
- Z-Wave Factory Reset
Each type of reset is outlined below:
Keypad Reboot Reset
A keypad reboot reset will simply reset the keypad. The keypad will simply power down and then power back on with all its settings and configurations retained. This can be useful as a troubleshooting step if the keypad is ever not responding properly.
This reset can actually be performed in one of two ways. The easiest it to just press and hold the reset button on the keypad. You will need a thin object to press and hold the button. In our case, we used a thumbtack. After a brief moment the keypad should shutdown and reboot.
The reset button is found on the back of the keypad beneath the message LED light. You can see the physical reset button in the following picture:
You can also perform a keypad reboot reset from within the keypad menus. To do this, complete the following steps:
1. Access Advanced Settings. Start from the main screen of the Tuxedo Touch. Choose the Settings icon (wrench and screwdriver) in the bottom-left corner of the main screen. Then choose System. Then choose Advanced Setup.
You will then need to provide the valid Installer Code. If the Tuxedo Touch is already connected with a VISTA System, it will use the panel's Installer Code. This code is usually defaulted at 4112. If the Tuxedo Touch is not paired with a system, it will use its own Installer Code. This code is defaulted at 4140. In most cases one of these two codes should work.
After providing the code, you will be in the Advanced Settings Menu.
2. Reset the keypad. Choose the option for Keypad Reset in the center of the screen. Then confirm that you want to perform the reset by choosing Yes.
3. Confirm the reset. The keypad should power down and then begin the boot-up process. When the keypad reloads, all the settings and configurations should be retained.
Keypad Factory Reset
A keypad factory reset will restore all settings and configurations for the Tuxedo Touch to their factory default values. This will not clear Z-Wave devices. However, all devices will have their names reset. Additionally, all rules and scenes will be reset. This is a good reset to perform if you are taking over a Tuxedo Touch and you want to start fresh with factory default settings.
Complete the following steps to perform a keypad factory reset:
1. Enter Advanced Settings. Begin from the main screen of the Tuxedo Touch. Select the Settings icon, which is the wrench and screwdriver logo in the lower-left corner of the home screen. Select System, followed by Advanced Setup.
To gain access to the menu, you must provide the Installer Code. If the Tuxedo Touch Keypad is already paired with a VISTA System, then this will be the same as the panel Installer Code. Honeywell VISTA Systems typically have a default Installer Code of 4112. If the keypad is not paired with a panel, then it will use its own Installer Code. This code is 4140 at its default. In most cases, either 4112 or 4140 should grant access.
You will be in Advanced Settings upon providing a valid code.
2. Perform the factory reset. Press the Factory Default button on the left side of the screen. A warning message will appear letting you know that you are about to factory reset the Tuxedo Touch. Press Yes to confirm. The keypad will power down and begin the reset process.
3. Confirm the factory reset. The keypad should power down and automatically reset. When the keypad is back on, all settings and configurations should be restored to factory default. Z-Wave devices will not be cleared, but their names will be reset. Additionally, all rules and scenes should be reset.
Z-Wave Reboot Reset
The Tuxedo Touch includes a built-in Z-Wave card for controlling Z-Wave smart home devices. You can power cycle the Z-Wave card with a Z-Wave Reboot Reset. This will refresh the Z-Wave card without clearing any settings or configurations. This can be a useful troubleshooting step if Z-Wave devices are not responding properly.
To perform a Z-Wave Reboot Reset, complete the following steps:
1. Access Z-Wave Device Management. Start from the main screen of the Tuxedo Touch. Choose Automation. Then choose the Z-Wave Settings Icon. This is the third button from the left on the bottom of the screen. It can be identified by the following icon:
You will then be taken to the Z-Wave Device Management Menu.
2. Perform the Z-Wave reset. Press the Z-Wave Reset button at the bottom of the screen. This is the third button from the right. Then press yes to confirm. The internal Z-Wave card will begin the reboot process.
3. Confirm the reboot. It will take the Z-Wave controller a few moments to complete the reboot process. After that, it should function as normal. All settings and configurations will be retained.
Z-Wave Factory Reset
A Z-Wave factory reset will default all the Z-Wave settings and clear all Z-Wave devices from the Tuxedo Keypad. Every Z-Wave device will need to be re-added. Defaulting the controller will not clear the network information from each Z-Wave device. You will also need to clear each device from the network before they can be enrolled with a new Z-Wave controller or re-enrolled with this one. This is a good option if you are taking over an existing Tuxedo Touch Keypad and you want to start fresh with no Z-Wave devices added. This will also reset the Z-Wave Network ID.
To perform a Z-Wave factory reset, complete the following steps:
1. Open Z-Wave Device Management. Begin from the main screen of the Tuxedo Touch. Select Automation. Then press the Z-Wave Settings Icon. This button is the third one from the left at the bottom. The icon is shown below:
2. Perform the Z-Wave default. Press the Z-Wave Default button at the bottom of the screen. This is the second button from the right. Choose Yes to confirm. The default process will begin immediately.
3. Confirm the default. It will take a few moments for the Z-Wave card to perform its factory default. After it does, all Z-Wave devices will be cleared from the Tuxedo Touch. All Z-Wave settings will be restored to the factory default.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More