How Do I Successfully Update The 2GIG Easy Updater Tool?
Download the latest firmware file for the Updater Tool. A Windows PC with all available Windows Updates installed should be used. Connect the 2GIG Easy Updater Tool to this PC using a Micro USB/USB FTDI capable cable. Right click the downloaded file, and choose to "Run as Administrator".
When the 2GIG Easy Updater Tool is shipped, it will more than likely come with an older version of Firmware installed. In order to update a 2GIG Go!Control (GC2) Panel, the user will first need to update the Updater Tool. To properly update the Tool follow these steps:
1. Unpack the device. The 2GIG Easy Updater Tool comes with the tool itself, a 4-pin adapter, and instructions for use. The 4-pin adapter is for use with some older 2GIG TS1 Touchscreen keypads. If you have one of these keypads, make sure to hang on to this piece. It is small and easily misplaced.
2. Download the new Firmware. Download the latest version of 2GIG GC2 Firmware. Make sure to do this on a Windows PC running at least Windows 7. Also make sure that all available Windows updates have been installed. Save the file in a directory that's easy for you to find later, such as the "Downloads" folder.
After clicking on the button to download the file, you will see this screen. Click the ellipses (three dots) icon in the upper right, and choose "Download".
The downloaded file will look like this on your Windows Computer. The numbers shown will vary depending on the firmware version downloaded.
3. Connect the Device. Connect the 2GIG Easy Updater Tool to the Windows PC where you downloaded the file in Step 2. To make this connection, you must have a Micro USB/USB FTDI compatible cable. This cable will look similar to a cable used to charge an Android Phone or Tablet. However, many of these cables now only support the passing of power along the cable. The Updater Tool requires a cable that will pass both power and data. Make sure that the cable supports both data and power.
4. Update the Device. Once the Updater Tool is connected to the computer using the proper cable, perform the update. Right click on the file downloaded in Step 2, and choose to "Run as Administrator". Once you've done this you will know if you have the correct type of cable or not based on the message you see on the Windows PC.
As part of the update, drivers will be installed for the Updater Tool. Once these have been successfully installed, you will see a message letting you know the firmware on the Updater Tool is being flashed. Both 2GIG GC2 Alarm Panel firmware and 2GIG TS1 Touchscreen Keypad Firmware will be installed on the Updater Tool. While the update is being applied, the device will have various numbers and letters displayed to show that it is being updated.
5. Complete the update. When the update is complete, the Updater Tool will display "donE", and it will emit eight rapid beeps. The computer will also display a message letting you know the update has completed successfully.
From there, you can follow the steps to update your 2GIG Go!Control panel using the Easy Updater Tool.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- Answered By
- Julia Ross