How Do I Turn Off Sensor Supervision for a Honeywell 5800 Series Motion Sensor?
You can turn off sensor supervision for a Honeywell 5800 Series Motion Sensor through the Zone Programming menu of the panel. The process will vary depending on what type of panel is being used. Turning this off will stop the system from looking for check-in signals from the sensor.
Once sensor supervision is turned off for that zone, the alarm system will no longer actively check to make sure that the sensor is within range and that it is communicating properly. However, a low batter or an activated tamper cover on the sensor will still result in a trouble condition for that zone.
Complete the following steps to turn off sensor supervision for a Honeywell 5800 Series Motion Sensor on a hardwired Honeywell VISTA Panel:
1. Access Zone Programming. From the main screen of an alpha keypad, enter in [Installer Code] +  + . The default Installer Code for a VISTA System is 4112. The keypad will display "Installer Code 20" to indicate that you have successfully entered programming mode. Then press [*56] to access Zone Programming. If the keypad displays only "20" this indicates you have a fixed English keypad. Press [*99] to exit programming and return when you have an alpha keypad.
2. Turn off sensor supervision. Press  when asked to "Set to Confirm?" Next, enter in the two-digit zone number assigned to the motion sensor, followed by the [*] key. Keep pressing the [*] key until you reach the screen for Input Type (In). Set the Input Type to  for Unsupervised RF. Then press the [*] key to confirm.
3. Exit Programming. Keep pressing the [*] key until you reach the screen where you can choose a Zone Number. This will indicate that you have cycled through Zone Programming for the zone selected. Enter in  to exit Zone Programming. Then press [*99] to exit programming entirely.
Complete the following steps to turn off sensor supervision for a Honeywell 5800 Series Motion Sensor on a Honeywell LYNX Touch Panel or a Lyric Controller:
1. Access Zone Programming. From the home screen of the system, choose Security > More (if using LYNX Touch) > Tools > enter Installer Code (default is 4112) > Program > Zones. This will take you to Zone Programming.
2. Turn off sensor supervision. Find the zone that the motion sensor is assigned to. Click on that zone to highlight it. Then press the Edit button at the bottom of the screen. This will take you into programming for that zone. Locate the option for Supervision in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Toggle that selection to "unsupervised". Then press the Save button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Exit programming. Keep pressing the return arrow in the upper-right corner of the screen until you return to the home screen. Make sure to select "Yes" when asked if you want to allow the installer to re-enter programming.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More