The 2GIG Edge Verizon LTE 10-1 Wireless Kit is perfect for a larger home or a business looking to get started with alarm monitoring service. It comes with a new 2GIG Edge with Verizon LTE, ten (10) VERSA-2GIG Door/Window Sensors, One (1) 2GIG PIR1e Motion Sensor, and a Honeywell LT-Cable.
As you may have guessed, the 2GIG Edge Alarm Panel is the big attraction of this kit. It is a sleek and modern alarm panel with support for a wide variety of different functions and features. The system is easy to operate using its seven-inch (7") touchscreen, and navigating the menus is very simple. This is widely considered to be an outstanding security system whether you are heavily experienced or are using a system for the very first time.
There are plenty of sensor options to choose from for the 2GIG Edge. Compatible lineups include the 2GIG 345 MHz Sensors, the uni-directional (one-way) sensors from the Honeywell 5800 Series, and the 2GIG eSeries of Encrypted Sensors. What's somewhat unique about the Edge is that it does not have its own "signature" sensor lineup, and all sensor compatibility comes from backward compatibility. 2GIG has provided no indication that they intend to release a "new" Edge-series of sensors, so you will need to work with the existing lineups that are compatible. Being able to pick and choose from three (3) great sensor lineups will offer you many options. And you can easily mix-and-match if needed. Getting started is made even easier with this 10-1 wireless kit, which includes ten (10) VERSA-2GIG Door and Window Sensors, one (1) 2GIG PIR1e Motion Detector, and a Honeywell LT-Cable for connecting the included system transformer.
You can get this 2GIG Edge System monitored right out of the box, thanks to its built-in Verizon LTE Communicator. The Edge uses this cellular communicator to connect with the Alarm.com servers. Alarm.com requires cellular connectivity, so having that communication path set up is essential. You can also add internet connectivity using the panel's built-in WIFI card. Most cellular monitoring plans also include internet connectivity at no additional charge. While setting up WIFI is technically optional, most users will readily do so, since they usually have WIFI service ready to go in their homes and offices. Setting up the system to use both cellular and internet is sometimes referred to as dual-path connectivity. We recommend using dual-path service, as your system can use the two (2) communication paths to back each other up. In other words, even if one path goes down or becomes unavailable, the system can remain monitored using the other pathway.
To get started monitoring the 2GIG Edge, you will need a monitoring plan that includes cellular service, such as an Alarm Grid Gold or Platinum Plan (Self or Full). You should make sure that whatever monitoring plan you ultimately go with includes connectivity with Alarm.com for security and automation control. That will allow you to access Alarm.com remotely using a web browser or mobile app so that you can control your 2GIG Edge Security System from essentially anywhere in the world. Once you have logged into Alarm.com, you can arm and disarm your system, check its current status, control programmed smart automation devices, view the live feed for Alarm.com Cameras, if included in your monitoring plan, and much more. Again, the Alarm Grid Gold and Platinum Plans are a great place to start looking if you are exploring your options from scratch.
Another incredible aspect of the 2GIG Edge involves its home automation offerings. The system really excels in this department with its internal Z-Wave 700-Series controller. In fact, the 2GIG Edge is the first-ever security system sold by Alarm Grid to feature Z-Wave 700-Series technology, which is also known as Z-Wave Plus V2. If you pair certified Z-Wave 700-Series devices with the 2GIG Edge, you will unlock their ultimate wireless range, battery life, and security protection. Although there are relatively few Z-Wave 700-Series devices on the market as of March 2021, that is expected to change quite soon, as home automation developers are extremely eager to start working 700-Series technology into their latest and greatest offerings. This makes the 2GIG Edge the best option currently available if you are looking to get ahead in the world of smart home automation. Furthermore, the Z-Wave 700-Series is fully compatible with existing Z-Wave technology, so you will have no trouble bringing over any existing Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus devices to the 2GIG Edge if needed.
Some special features for the 2GIG Edge include facial recognition arming and disarming, and disarm photos from its front panel camera, optional automatic Bluetooth disarming, four (4) configurable Smart Area Partitions, an internal glass break detector, 2-way voice capabilities, one-touch arming, panel streaming for compatible Alarm.com and Onvif w/Profile-S capable Cameras, an 85 dB piezo sounder, chime, voice annunciation, two (2) hardwired zones, emergency panic buttons, a wired bell output, two (2) open-collector outputs, and more. Also note that you can push updates down to the Edge over-the-air (OTA) from Alarm.com, and you can also perform local updates using a USB flash drive.
- Product Type: Wireless All-In-One Alarm Panel
- Power: 14VDC, 1.7A
- Backup Battery: 2GIG-EDG-BATT Lithium-Polymer Battery
- Battery Standby Time: At Least 24 Hours
- Battery Lifespan: At Least 5 Years
- Display: 7-Inch LCD Touchscreen
- User Codes: 100
- Wireless Zones: 100
- Wireless Sensor Compatibility: 2GIG eSeries Encrypted Sensors, 2GIG 345 MHz Sensors, Honeywell 5800 Sensors
- Wired Zones: Two (2)
- Max Key Fobs: 32
- Max Keypads: Eight (8)
- IP Communication: Built-In WIFI (Non-Replaceable Module)
- Cellular Communication: Verizon LTE (Non-Replaceable Module)
- Interactive Platform: Alarm.com
- Automation: Z-Wave Plus V2 700-Series w/ S2 Protocol
- Partitions: Four (4) - Referred to as "Smart Areas"
- Sounder: 85 dB Piezo
- Image Sensor Compatibility: 2GIG IMAGE3
- Firmware Updates: USB & OTA from Alarm.com
- Features: Facial Recognition disarm, Bluetooth Disarming, Internal Glass Break Sensor, One-Touch Arming, Emergency Panic Buttons, Front Panel Camera, 2-Way Voice, Chime & Voice Functionality, Wired Bell Output, Two (2) Open-Collector Outputs, Alarm.com Camera Streaming from Panel
- Dimensions: 7.5"L x 5.625"W x 1.0D
- Weight: 1.39 lbs.
- Mounting Hardware: Included
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F
- Operating Humidity: Up to 90% Non-Condensing
- Certifications: UL & cUL Listed, SIA CP-01
- SKU: 2GIG-EDG-NA-VA
Door/Window Sensor Specifications
- Sensor Type: Surface-Mounted Contact
- Operating Frequency: 345 MHz
- Communication: Non-Encrypted Wireless
- Sensor Dimensions: 2.2"L x 1.0"W x 0.3"D
- Sensor Weight: 0.4 oz
- Magnet Dimensions: 1"L x 0.25"W x 0.25"D
- Maximum Magnet Spacing Gap: 0.5 Inches
- Magnet Type: Rare Earth N45
- Wireless Range: 500+ Feet Open Air
- Mounting Methods: Screws or Adhesive Foam Tape
- Hardwired Input: No
- Battery Type: One (1) CR2032 Coin Batteries
- Expected Battery Life: Five (5) to Eight (8) Years
- Manufacturer: VERSA
Motion Sensor Specifications
- Sensor Type: Quad Element PIR Motion Sensor
- Compatible Systems: 2GIG GC2e, 2GIG GC3e, 2GIG Edge
- Communication: Encrypted Wireless
- Detection Area: Up to 30 feet by 50 feet
- Sensitivity Levels: Low, Medium, High
- Pet Immunity: 55 lbs (low sensitivity), 33 lbs (medium sensitivity), None (high sensitivity)
- Wireless Range: 350 feet
- Dimensions: 3.2"L x 2.5"W x 1.9"D
- Weight: 3.7 oz
- Battery Type: CR123A