How Do I Add a DSC LC-100-PI PIR Motion to a DSC Impassa?
You can add a DSC LC-100-PI PIR Motion to a DSC Impassa by putting the system into its wireless enrollment mode and then activating the tamper switch on the sensor. Once the system recognizes the sensor, it will be learned-in automatically. The settings for the sensor can then be adjusted.
Complete the following steps if you want to enroll an LC-100-PI PIR Motion with a DSC Impassa System:
1. Access enrollment mode. Starting from the main screen of the DSC Impassa System, press [*]  [Installer Code] . The DSC Impassa System has a default Installer Code of 5555, but it's possible that this code has been changed. The system will display "wireless enrollment mode" to indicate that the mode was successfully accessed. In this mode, a new wireless device can be learned-in with the system.
2. Learn-in the device. Once the system recognizes the sensor, it will be enrolled automatically. This can be done by opening up the back of the device to activate the tamper switch. With a battery inserted into the motion sensor, simply close the back cover and then open it up. The panel should recognize the sensor and display its serial number on the screen. Verify that the correct serial number is displayed. Then press the [*] key. The system will then ask for a zone number to be selected. By default, the next available system zone number will be displayed. But a user can choose a different 2-digit zone number by using the keypad if desired. The provided 2-digit zone number must be between 01 and 64. Once the desired zone number is displayed, press the [*] key to continue. If you choose to change the zone number, make sure that the chosen zone number is available on the system.
3. Adjust the settings. Next, a Zone Type for the zone will be selected. The Zone Type tells the system how to respond when the sensor is activated. The recommended Zone Type for a motion sensor is 04, which corresponds to Interior. However, a different 2-digit Zone Type can be selected if desired. After choosing a Zone Type, press the [*] key to continue. A full list of Zone Types can be found on pages 44 thru 46 of the DSC Impassa Manual.
4. Test the sensor. The Impassa System will then display the message "Activate Device for Test, Exit #". This means that the device can be tested. Place the device in the desired location, and then walk in front of the sensor. It should detect the motion and alert the system. Once you have confirmed that the sensor is working properly, press [#] to exit.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems