How Do I Add an External Keypad to a DSC Impassa?
You can add an external keypad to a DSC Impassa by activating the keypad's enrollment function while the DSC Impassa is in its wireless enrollment mode. If done correctly, the external keypad should be recognized by the alarm system, and the device will be learned in automatically.
The DSC Impassa has a wireless enrollment mode that is used for quickly enrolling wireless devices, including wireless external keypads. While the impassa is in this mode, an external keypad can be learned in with the system. This is done by activating the keypad's enrollment function.
There are two external keypads that will work with the DSC Impassa. These are the DSC WTK5504 Touchscreen Keypad and the DSC WT5500 Push Button Keypad. Both devices have their own enrollment function that is activated in a unique manner. Up to four external keypad devices can be enrolled with a DSC Impassa System.
Complete the following steps to add an external keypad to a DSC Impassa:
1. Activate wireless enrollment mode. With the DSC Impassa powered on and disarmed, enter in the command [*] [Installer Code] . The default Installer Code is 5555. If the command was entered in correctly, the screen should display "Wireless Enrollment Mode".
2. Activate the enrollment function. Plug in the keypad to turn it on. You will need to activate the keypad's enrollment function while the Impassa System is in its wireless enrollment mode. If you are using a WTK5504 Touchscreen Keypad, click the "Press to Enroll" button. If you are using a WT5500 Push Button Keypad, press and hold both the [*] and  keys on the WT5500 at the same time.
3. Verify enrollment. The DSC Impassa should automatically recognize the keypad and learn it in. A message on the DSC Impassa will verify that enrollment was successful. You will then be able to use the keypad to control the system.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems