How Do I Set Up Multi-System Access to Alarm.com Using the Mobile App?
You can set up multi-system access to Alarm.com using the mobile app by logging into the account whose login you want to use for access, clicking the menu icon in the top-left, choosing "Login Information", then "Link a System", pressing the "+ Add" button, and entering the login credentials.
By setting up multi-system access for Alarm.com, you can control multiple security systems using a single Alarm.com login. This is good for business owners and/or for people with multiple properties. Please note that this can also be accomplished from the Alarm.com website. More information on setting up multi-system access through the Alarm.com website can be found in this FAQ.
After you have linked multiple systems, you can press the button of the system's name at the top of the main screen of the Alarm.com Mobile App (in our example, it's called Video IQ2+) to switch between systems. You can then see in our example we have three (3) systems to choose from. They are named AlarmGrid's System, gc2, and Video IQ2+.
There is also another way you can switch between systems. You can click the Menu icon in the upper-left (the three horizontal bars), then click on the system's name in the upper-left to access a dropdown menu where you can choose a system to switch to. Remember, you can only do this after you have completed the process for setting up multi-system access.
Complete the following steps to set up multi-system access to Alarm.com using the mobile app:
1. Log in to Alarm.com. Open the Alarm.com Mobile App on your Android or iOS device. If you do not have the mobile app, then you can download it for free from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. If you do not have an account, then contact your monitoring provider for assistance. Make sure you log in with the account that you want to use for access to all of your linked Alarm.com systems. This is the account you will be using to log in moving forward. You will be granting access to another Alarm.com account and system from this account. Be careful, and make sure you are logging in to Alarm.com with the account that you want to use for access in the future.
2. Click the menu icon. In the upper-left corner, click the three (3) horizontal bars menu icon button.
3. Choose Login Information. Click the option for Login Information near the bottom.
4. Click Link a System. Click the Link a System button. This is the first option under LOGIN ACCESS.
5. Click the +Add Button. On the Link a System Page, there is some information about how you can link another system to your current Alarm.com account. For our purposes, you want to click the blue +Add button. This is also the page where you can delete a linked system.
6. Enter the login information. Provide the Login Name and the Current Password for the Alarm.com account you want to link. This should be a different account than the one you are currently using to access the Alarm.com platform. Press the Next button in the upper-right corner once you have provided the necessary information.
7. Confirm the pairing. Press the Confirm button in the upper-right corner to confirm that you want to link the system. This will complete the account pairing process. You will need to close and reopen the Alarm.com Mobile App for the paired system to show up in your account.
Below is what the Link a System Screen looks like once you have multiple linked systems. You can set a default system, add a new linked system, and delete existing linked systems.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Business Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems