What Is Bypassing A Zone On A Security System?
Bypass is the term used to describe the ability to deactivate specific zones of the alarm system before arming the system. Bypassing allows for certain areas to be disarmed while the rest of the space is armed.
The Bypass feature can be used when you want to intentionally arm your system with one or more zones unprotected.
Bypassed zones will not sound an alarm, and reduces the level of security. If bypassing a zone because it is not working, service the issue immediately so that the problem can be resolved and your system returned to proper working order.
Ensure that no zones are unintentionally bypassed when arming your system. Zones cannot be bypassed once the system is armed.
The system will not allow Panic, Fire or CO zones to be bypassed.
- With the system in the disarmed state, from the Home screen select "Security."
- Select the "Zones" icon.
- The system displays the Zones/Bypass screen
- Select the zone(s) that you wish to bypass and then select Bypass
- Selecting the "Bypass All Faulted" button allows you to bypass all faulted Burg zones, if "Force Bypass" is enabled in panel programming.
- The system displays a keypad.
- Enter a valid user code.
- The system returns to the Bypass screen and the zone or zones that are bypassed will be displayed.
- Select the Home icon to return to return the Home Screen.
- Arm the system as usual.
To Clear the Bypass
- With the system in the disarmed state, select the "Zones" icon.
- The system displays the Zone screen and the status for each zone will be indicated.
- Use the buttons to scroll to additional pages and view the zone status.
- If the "Select All" option was selected, it scrolls through the following: "Select All", "Select Alarm", "Select Trouble", "Select Fault" and Select Bypassed". The system displays the associated zones.
- If one or more zones has been bypassed the "Clear Bypasses" button will be highlighted
- To clear the bypass, select the "Clear Bypasses" button.
- Enter a valid user code on the displayed keypad. The system returns to the Zones screen.
- Select the Home icon to return to the Home Screen
Bypassed zones are automatically cancelled each time the system is disarmed and must be bypassed again, if required, before the next arming
Bypassed zones are unprotected and will not cause an alarm if violated. The system will not allow fire zones to be bypassed.
To bypass a zone on a Vista panel:
- The panel must be in the disarmed state, enter the 4 digit security code, followed by the number 6 [Bypass] and the 2 digit zone number to be bypassed (ex:    to bypass zone 04 - always add a 0 in front of a single digit zone number).
- The keypad will display a bypass message for the zone number.
- Repeat this step for each zone to be bypassed.
- Arm the system as usual.
- When the system is armed a message will be displayed showing that a zone or zones are bypassed
- To view bypassed zones before arming, enter the 4 digit security code followed by the number 6.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More