The 2GIG Edge Verizon LTE 10-1 Encrypted Kit is an alarm monitoring starter kit for larger homes and businesses. It comes with a 2GIG Edge System with Verizon LTE, ten (10) 2GIG DW10e Encrypted Door/Window Sensors, one (1) 2GIG PIR1e Encrypted Motion Sensor, and a Honeywell LT-Cable.
Alarm industry insiders have been eagerly awaiting the release of the 2GIG Edge Alarm Panel. The version included in this kit is the Verizon LTE module. You control the system using its seven-inch (7") touchscreen, and its menus and user interface (UI) are designed to be easy to navigate. 2GIG really worked to make the Edge System accessible to all, whether you're an experienced user of alarm systems, or this is your very first one.
You get (100) wireless zones with the 2GIG Edge, which is great for setting up a custom security system to fit your home or business. There are several different sensor options available for the system, with the leading option being the encrypted 2GIG eSeries Sensors. You can also pair non-encrypted 345 MHz sensors from the 2GIG 345 MHz Series and the uni-directional Honeywell 5800 Series sensors. It's also possible that 2GIG may decide to release a new sensor lineup exclusively for use with the Edge. But we have heard nothing from 2GIG on that front so far.
We have included 2GIG eSeries Sensors with this encrypted system kit. Specifically, you get ten (10) 2GIG DW10e Door and Window Sensors and one (1) 2GIG PIR1e Motion Sensor. We often recommend 10-1 kits like this for larger homes and small businesses where more sensors are needed. Of course, the included sensors may only represent a start, and you can easily expand upon the system with additional sensors once you are ready. This complete system kit also comes with a Honeywell LT-Cable for connecting the panel to its included transformer.
You won't need to get an additional communicator with this kit, as it includes everything you need for connectivity with Alarm.com. Inside the system is a Verizon LTE Communicator, plus a WIFI card for internet protocol (IP) communication. Per Alarm.com requirements, cellular connectivity is mandatory, while IP connectivity is technically optional. But since most cellular monitoring plans include WIFI connectivity anyway, and since most users have WIFI in their homes and businesses, most users will just set up the system to communicate across both pathways. This is referred to as a dual-path system, and it helps to ensure that your system always stays monitored. Even if one path goes down, the other path will still be available to keep the system connected. Just make sure you get a monitoring plan that includes cellular connectivity. For anyone interested in monitoring with Alarm Grid, any of the Gold or Platinum level plans can be selected, with the Platinum plans also including video surveillance.
It is also strongly advised that you make sure that your monitoring plan includes remote access to Alarm.com. This is the service platform you can use to control your system remotely through a web browser or through the Alarm.com Mobile App on your Android or iOS device. By accessing Alarm.com, you can arm and disarm your system, check its current status, control programmed smart home devices, view the live feed for compatible Alarm.com Security Cameras, and much more.
The 2GIG Edge is also no slouch in the world of smart home automation. Inside the alarm panel is a built-in Z-Wave Plus V2 Controller. This is also known as Z-Wave 700-Series, and it represents the latest and greatest Z-Wave technology available. If you pair it with certified Z-Wave 700-Series devices, then you will unlock the best possible wireless range and battery life for your peripherals. Although not many 700-Series devices have been released to date, more should be on the way in the near future, with Z-Wave developers looking to utilize the latest technology.
You will also appreciate that the Edge includes features like facial recognition disarming, and disarm photos from its front panel camera, optional automatic Bluetooth disarming, four (4) configurable Smart Area Partitions, an internal glass break detector, 2-way voice capabilities, one-touch arming, panel streaming for compatible Alarm.com Cameras, an 85 dB piezo sounder, chime, voice annunciation, two (2) hardwired zones, emergency panic buttons, a wired bell output, two (2) open-collector outputs, and much more. Updates for the system can be sent remotely over-the-air (OTA) from Alarm.com, or you can use a USB drive for local updates.
- Product Type: Wireless All-In-One Alarm Panel
- Power: 14VDC, 1.7A
- Backup Battery: 2GIG-EDG-BATT Lithium-Polymer Battery
- Battery Standby Time: At Least 24 Hours
- Battery Lifespan: At Least 5 Years
- Display: 7-Inch LCD Touchscreen
- User Codes: 100
- Wireless Zones: 100
- Wireless Sensor Compatibility: 2GIG eSeries Encrypted Sensors, 2GIG 345 MHz Sensors, Honeywell 5800 Sensors
- Wired Zones: Two (2)
- Max Key Fobs: 32
- Max Keypads: Eight (8)
- IP Communication: Built-In WIFI (Non-Replaceable Module)
- Cellular Communication: Verizon LTE (Non-Replaceable Module)
- Interactive Platform: Alarm.com
- Automation: Z-Wave Plus V2 700-Series w/ S2 Protocol
- Partitions: Four (4) - Referred to as "Smart Areas"
- Sounder: 85 dB Piezo
- Image Sensor Compatibility: 2GIG IMAGE3
- Firmware Updates: USB & OTA from Alarm.com
- Features: Facial Recognition disarm, Bluetooth Disarming, Internal Glass Break Sensor, One-Touch Arming, Emergency Panic Buttons, Front Panel Camera, 2-Way Voice, Chime & Voice Functionality, Wired Bell Output, Two (2) Open-Collector Outputs, Alarm.com Camera Streaming from Panel
- Dimensions: 7.5"L x 5.625"W x 1.0D
- Weight: 1.39 lbs.
- Mounting Hardware: Included
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F
- Operating Humidity: Up to 90% Non-Condensing
- Certifications: UL & cUL Listed, SIA CP-01
- SKU: 2GIG-EDG-NA-VA
Door/Window Sensor Specifications
- Sensor Type: Surface-Mounted Contact
- Compatible Systems: 2GIG GC2e, 2GIG GC3e, 2GIG Edge
- Communication: Encrypted Wireless
- Sensor Dimensions: 2.59"L x 1.03"W x 0.49"D
- Magnet Dimensions: 1.3"L x 0.435"W x 0.312"D
- Maximum Magnet Spacing Gap: 0.4 Inches
- Wireless Range: 350 Feet Nominal
- Mounting Methods: Screws or Adhesive Foam Tape
- Hardwired Input: Yes (NC Only)
- Battery Type: Two (2) CR2032 Coin Batteries
- Expected Battery Life: Five (5) Years
Motion Sensor Specifications
- Sensor Type: Quad Element PIR Motion Sensor
- Compatible Systems: 2GIG GC2e, 2GIG GC3e. 2GIG Edge
- Communication: Encrypted Wireless
- Detection Area: Up to 30 feet by 50 feet
- Sensitivity Levels: Low, Medium, High
- Pet Immunity: 55 lbs (low sensitivity), 33 lbs (medium sensitivity), None (high sensitivity)
- Wireless Range: 350 feet
- Dimensions: 3.2"L x 2.5"W x 1.9"D
- Weight: 3.7 oz
- Battery Type: CR123A