How Do I Get Remote Access to a DSC Impassa?
You can get remote access to a DSC Impassa using the Alarm.com Mobile App. If the Impassa System is linked with the Alarm.com server, the associated Alarm.com account can be used to control the system remotely. This is done using the Alarm.com Mobile App on an Android or iOS device.
Alarm.com is an interactive service platform that a user can access to control their DSC Impassa System. The service lets users arm and disarm their system, control Z-Wave home automation devices, check the status of sensors and more. By accessing the Alarm.com Mobile App on an Android or iOS device, these actions can be performed remotely.
Complete the following steps to obtain remote access to a DSC Impassa:
1. Get cellular monitoring. An alarm system must be receiving cellular monitoring service for it to connect with Alarm.com. A DSC Impassa has a few requirements before it can receive cellular service. First, it must be running firmware version 1.3 or higher*. Second, it must have a cellular communicator installed. Third, the user must have an alarm monitoring plan that provides cellular connectivity. For Alarm Grid, these are the Gold and Platinum level plans. Please review our monitoring page for more information.
2. Create an Alarm.com account. Once the user's alarm monitoring company has activated the cellular communicator for the Impassa, they should send the user an email with instructions on how to configure the Alarm.com account. Follow the instructions in this email to create the login credentials.
3. Download the mobile app. Download the Alarm.com Mobile App to the Android or iOS devices. The app is available for free download from both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
4. Remotely access the system. Open the Alarm.com Mobile App, and enter in the login credentials for the account that was created earlier. The system can then be remotely accessed and controlled from the app.
*NOTE: DSC Impassa panels on older revision software can not be updated in the field. These panels will need to be replaced with a version 1.3 or later panel in order to support a connection with Alarm.com.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems