How Do I Program a 5800RP to a Lyric Controller or a Lynx Touch?
You can program a 5800RP by assigning it to a zone on the Lyric or Lynx Touch. Once the 5800RP wireless repeater has been programmed, the Honeywell panel will receive important notices regarding the status of the 5800RP. This can be very helpful for users in troubleshooting the 5800RP.
The 5800RP is a wireless repeater that is used to extend the RF signal range of wireless devices. For most devices in the Honeywell 5800 Series lineup, the RF signal has a maximum range of about 200 feet. By using a 5800RP wireless repeater, this range can be extended to a maximum distance of 400 feet.
Complete the following steps to program your 5800RP wireless repeater to your Honeywell security system:
1. Access the programming menu. From the home screen on your panel, choose Security > More > Tools > enter installer code (default is 4112) > Program. You will now be at the programming menu for your panel.
2. Choose a zone. On the programming menu, select "Zones". Then click on an available zone listed as "New" to highlight it and choose "Edit". You can also select "Add New" at the bottom of the screen to be taken to the next available zone.
3. Enter the serial number. Click on "Serial Number". You will be prompted to enter the serial number for your 5800RP. If the 5800RP is powered up, you can activate the tamper to learn in the serial number. Alternatively, you can manually type in the serial number. The serial number is a 7-digit number found on a white sticker on the circuit board underneath the tamper cover of the 5800RP. Enter in the number and then click "Done".
4. Set the device type. Click on "Device Type" and select "Other". You may have to use the down arrow to find this option.
5. Set the response type. Click on "Response Type", and select "Day/Night". You may have to use the down arrow to find this option.
6. Name the device. Click on "Zone Description 1", and enter in the name you want for the device. Click "Done" in the bottom right corner of the screen. Also do the same for "Zone Description 2" if desired.
7. Save your changes. Click on the "Save" button in the bottom right corner of the screen to save your changes. Your 5800RP should now be programmed to your Honeywell security system.
It should be mentioned the the 5800RP does not need to be programmed into a Honeywell security system to function. The 5800RP will automatically repeat RF signals as soon as it is plugged in, out of the box. However, if the device is not programmed, the security panel will not display any trouble conditions affecting the 5800RP, including any notices for low battery, tamper cover open, AC loss and RF signal jamming.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Wireless Alarm Systems
- Wireless Alarm Control Panels
- Wireless Receivers
- Wireless Shock Sensors
- Wireless Motion Detecting Sensors
- Wireless Door Sensors and Window Alarm Sensors
- Wireless Glass Break Detectors
- DIY Wireless Security Systems
- Wireless Smoke Detectors
- Wireless Heat Detectors
- Wireless Garage Door Alarm Sensors
- Wireless Alarm Keypads
- Wireless Alarm Sirens
- Wireless Environmental Sensors