How Do I Turn Off Alarm Reporting for a Honeywell 5800 Series Motion Sensor?
You can turn off alarm reporting for a Honeywell 5800 Series Motion Sensor through the panel's zone programming menu. This will prevent the panel from sending an alert to a central station if that sensor causes an alarm. The process will vary based on the type of alarm system being used.
Complete the following steps to turn off alarm reporting for a Honeywell 5800 Series Motion Sensor on a hardwired VISTA System:
1. Access Zone Programming. From the main screen of an alpha keypad, enter in [Installer Code] +  + . The default Installer code for a VISTA System is 4112. The message "Installer Code 20" will be displayed. This will indicate that you have accessed programming. Then press [*56] to access the zone programming menu for the system. If only "20" is displayed, this indicates you have a fixed English keypad. Press [*99] to exit programming, and come back when you have an alpha keypad.
2. Disable alarm reporting. Press  when asked if you would like to "Set to Confirm?" Then enter in the two-digit Zone Number (ZN) that the motion sensor is assigned to. Press [*] to continue. Keep pressing [*] until you reach the selection for Report Code (RC). Set every selection in this field to 0 to disable alarm reporting. Once every selection is set to 0, press [*] to move to the next field.
3. Exit programming. Keep pressing the [*] key until you are asked to enter in a Zone Number. This will indicate that you have cycled through programming for this zone entirely. Enter in a Zone Number of  to exit Zone Programming. Then press [*99] to exit programming entirely.
1. Access Zone Programming. From the home screen of the panel go to Security > More (if using LYNX Touch) > Tools > enter Installer code (default is 4112) > Program > Zones. You will now be in Zone Programming.
2. Disable alarm reporting. Locate the zone that the motion sensor is assigned to. Click on that zone to highlight it. Then click the Edit button at the bottom of the screen. You will enter into programming for that zone. Locate the option for Alarm Reporting in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Set that option to "No". Then hit the Save button in the bottom-right corner of the screen. This will disable alarm reporting for that zone.
3. Exit programming. Keep pressing the return arrow in the upper-right corner of the screen until you return to the main menu. Make sure that you select "Yes" when asked if you want to allow the installer to re-enter programming.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More