How Do You Delete a Honeywell Wireless Device?
Remove a Honeywell wireless zone by entering zone programming, setting the zone/response type to 00 or "New". Then confirm that you want to delete the zone when prompted by the alarm panel. Once the zone has been deleted from programming, it can physically be removed from the system.
If you want to remove a Honeywell wireless device that has previously been programmed and installed, you must first delete the sensor from your Honeywell Security System. This will allow you to avoid receiving trouble signals at the keypad and from the monitoring station. To do this, you will need an alphanumeric alarm keypad, like the Honeywell 6160 to access the advanced *56 zone programming menu mode on any Vista Panel.
To delete a wireless zone from a Honeywell Vista series panel perform the following steps:
1. Enter panel programming. Enter Installer Code (default is 4112) +  + . If you do not have the Installer Code, you can enter programming using the back door method. When you have successfully entered programming, you should see "Installer Code 20" displayed on the keypad. If you only see the number 20 with no words displayed, this is not an Alpha Keypad. Press *99 and return when you have the proper keypad.
2. Enter zone programming. Press [*] +  to enter zone programming. If there are wireless zones on the system you will be prompted "Set to Confirm?" Press  for no. At "Enter Zone Number", press the two-digit zone number you wish to delete.
3. Delete the Zone. This will bring you to the summary screen for the zone. Press [*] to move to the zone type field. Change the zone type to 00. The display will show "Zone Disabled". Then press [*]. At the "Delete Zone?" prompt, press  for yes. The zone will be deleted, and you will be taken to the next available zone in programming.
4. Exit all programming. At the "Enter Zone Number" prompt, press . This will exit zone programming. Press [*] +  to exit panel programming.
1. Enter zone programming. From the home screen, press Security > More (Lynx Touch Only) > Tools > Enter Installer Code (default is 4112) > Program > Zones. This will take you into zone programming.
2. Delete the zone. From the zone screen, highlight the zone you wish to remove. Press the "Delete" button at the bottom of the screen. The display will prompt "Are You Sure?" Select "Yes".
3. Exit Programming. Use the return arrow at the top right of the screen to exit programming and return to the home screen. Make sure to select "Yes" when prompted "Allow Installer to re-enter Programming?" on the Lynx Touch Panels. This will prevent you from being locked out of programming later.
If you wanted to keep the device programmed as a local device, but not have the device trigger alarms to the central station, you can also set the report code for the zone to "00", or select Alarm Report "No" on the All-in-One panels. With the report code disabled, the sensor would still cause a local alarm, but no alarm signals from it would be sent to the central station.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Wireless Alarm Systems
- Wireless Door Sensors and Window Alarm Sensors
- Wireless Glass Break Detectors
- Wireless Motion Detecting Sensors
- Wireless Environmental Sensors
- Answered By
- Julia Ross