How Should I Program Report Codes If I'm Using a Self Monitoring Plan with Alarm Grid?
You should program Report Codes to be disabled if you are using a self-monitoring plan with Alarm Grid. This is a necessary step for any self-monitored system connected with the Total Connect 2.0 platform. You must disable all Report Codes for system conditions and for individual zones.
A self-monitored system means that the panel does not communicate with a central monitoring station. Instead, the panel communicates with an interactive service platform. Any alarm events are forwarded to the end user through text and/or email. It is then up to the end user to contact the authorities. The end user will not receive automatic emergency dispatch when using a self-monitored plan.
Since the system is not communicating with a central monitoring station, all Reporting Codes should be disabled when using a self-monitored plan. This is only necessary for self-monitored systems using Total Connect 2.0. If the self-monitored system is connected through Alarm.com, then Alarm Grid can just tell the ADC server never to forward signals to a central station. As a result, the end user will not have to disable Reporting Codes if they have a self-monitored plan using Alarm.com.
The process for disabling Reporting Codes differs between wireless systems and hardwired systems. Wireless systems include the Lyric Controller and the LYNX Touch Systems. Hardwired systems include the VISTA Series Panels. Both processes involve disabling Reporting Codes for both the system and for individual zones. For the purpose of this FAQ, we will split the steps between wireless systems and hardwired systems. Since Total Connect 2.0 is almost always used with Resideo (formerly Honeywell) Systems, we will focus on those panels.
If you want to disable Reporting Codes on a VISTA Series Panel, complete the following steps:
1. Enter programming. Enter the command [Installer Code] + . The default Installer Code is 4112. The message "Installer Code 20" should appear on the screen. This indicates that you have entered programming and that you have an Alphanumeric Keypad. In that case, continue to the next step.
If you only see the message "20", then you have entered programming, but you have a Fixed English Keypad. If you have a Fixed English Keypad, you should enter [*99] and exit programming. Trying to continue with a Fixed English Keypad is strongly discouraged. You will be operating blindly, and it is very likely that you will mess up your system settings. Come back and try again when you have an Alphanumeric Keypad.
2. Disable zone Report Codes. Now that you have entered programming on your Alphanumeric Keypad, you will want to disable Report Codes for every programmed zone. Enter [*56] to enter zone programming. When asked "Set to Confirm", just enter  for No. Then enter the two-digit Zone Number for the zone on which you are disabling the Report Codes.
Next, keep pressing the [*] key until you reach the Report Code (RC) field. You will pass through a Zone Summary screen and a Zone Type screen before reaching the Report Code screen. Please note that you will not reach the Report Code screen if the Zone Type is set to . The  Zone Type means that the zone is disabled. Since the zone is disabled, there is no need for a Report Code for the zone. Remember, you only need to disable Report Codes for programmed zones that are not disabled.
When you reach the Report Code field, enter  for every selection. The top line of the screen should display the two-digit Zone Number, followed by Report Code. The bottom line should read "1st 00 2nd 00 00". With a first entry of 00, and a second entry of 00, the report code for Zone 03 is 00. Just go through and set every selection on this page to . The picture below shows that we have disabled the Report code for Zone Number 03 on our VISTA System:
After you have set every selectable digit to , keep pressing the [*] key until you are at the "Enter Zn Num." screen. You must repeat this process for every programmed zone for your system. Enter the two-digit Zone Number for the next zone and disable the Report Code by completing the process described above. You do not need to do this for zones that are not programmed (disabled). When you have finished doing this for every programmed zone, enter  at the "Enter Zn Num." screen. This will bring you out of zone programming, and into regular system programming.
3. Disable system Report Codes. Now you will go through and disable all the system Report Codes. These are programming fields 59 through 76. Assuming that you are still in programming, enter [*59] to enter the first system Report Code field. Keep pressing  until the keypad beeps three times. The three beeps indicate that you have successfully changed the Report Code.
The system will then automatically take you to the next programming field. Go through every Report Code field (59 through 76) and set the option to . Basically, this will just involve pressing  until you hear three (3) beeps, then repeat for the next entry. Stop when you reach programming field "77 Daylight Start & End Month". Once you reach that field, you have successfully gone through and disabled all system non-alarm Report Codes.
4. Exit programming. Enter the command [*99] to exit programming. Do not use any other command, as you may become locked out of programming.
Lyric Controller & LYNX Touch Systems
If you want to disable Reporting Codes on a Lyric Alarm Panel or a LYNX Touch Panel, complete the following steps:
1. Enter programming. Start from the main screen of the system. Choose Security > More (LYNX only) > Tools > enter Installer Code (default 4112) > Program. You are now in programming.
2. Disable zone Report Codes. Click on Zones. You will see a list of all the system zones. This includes the zones that have been programmed, as well as the zones that are still open and have not yet been programmed. You must go through and disable the Alarm Report option for each and every system zone that has been programmed. Find a zone that has been programmed. Click on it to highlight it. Then press Edit at the bottom of the screen.
You will then be taken to the Zone Summary screen. Locate the Alarm Report option in the bottom-left corner. Click on it to toggle the selection. Make sure it is set to No. This will disable the Alarm Report Code for the zone. Once Alarm Report is set to No, press Save in the bottom-right corner to save your selection. Repeat for every programmed zone on the system. Continue to Step 3 once you have done this for every programmed zone.
3. Disable system Report Codes. From the zone select screen, press the return arrow in the upper-right corner. This will take you to the main programming screen. Choose Reporter. Then choose Reporter Selection. Set each field to disabled. Make sure you also press the down arrow on the right and disable the second (2nd) page of fields as well. Every selectable field must be disabled. Please note that some fields may be greyed out, showing they are unable to be changed. You can just leave these fields alone. Press Save in the bottom-right corner to save your changes once finished.
4. Exit programming. Keep pressing the return arrow in the upper-right corner until you are taken back to the main screen. If you are using a LYNX Touch, you will be asked if you want to allow the installer to re-enter programming. Make sure you choose "Yes" when given this prompt.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More