What Is the City ID on Honeywell Total Connect?
The City ID is a portion of the identifying information entered by the alarm dealer during account creation. It's part of the data used to tie all your pertinent information together at the monitoring center. Each AlarmNet account has a City ID, a Central Station ID and an account number.
As an end-user, there is no reason for you to need the City ID. The alarm dealer who provides Total Connect 2.0 service will assign your system an account number. You will provide them with the identifying information from your communicator, consisting of a MAC address and a MAC CRC, as well as possibly an AID and an AID CRC. The dealer will then create your account using a combination of the information that you have provided and the account number that they have assigned.
Once the information has been tied together and registered on the AlarmNet server, here's what happens:
- An alarm event occurs on your system. The alarm goes off and triggers the report of an event through the system's communicator.
- The report is sent. Using the MAC associated to your communicator, the alarm report is sent to AlarmNet's server.
- The server determines which account is reporting. The server sees the MAC and associates it to the account number it was assigned to during registration.
- The Server sends the report to the correct monitoring station. Using the City ID - Central Station ID, and Account number associated to the MAC, the server forwards the signal to the appropriate monitoring station.
- The monitoring station processes the signal. Automation software on the receiver finds the account information, pulls up the account details, and displays the alarm to an operator, who then takes the appropriate action. This entire process takes place in seconds.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Cellular Alarm Communicators
- Alarm Monitoring Communicators
- Dual-Path Alarm Communicators
- Internet Alarm Communicators
- Verizon CDMA Security System Cellular Communicators
- Answered By
- Julia Ross