How Do I Connect an iPhone to a DSC Impassa?
You can connect an iPhone to a DSC Impassa using the Alarm.com Mobile App. For this to work, the Impassa must be connected with your Alarm.com account. The system will need active cellular monitoring service. A compatible cellular module and a cellular monitoring plan are required.
Alarm.com is an interactive service platform that a user can access to control their security system. The service can be used to arm and disarm a system, check the current status of programmed sensors, operate Z-Wave home automation devices, view the live feed of security cameras and more. All of these actions can be performed from an iPhone by using the Alarm.com Mobile App. This app is available for free download from the Apple App Store.
Complete the following steps to connect an iPhone to a DSC Impassa:
1. Obtain cellular monitoring. An alarm system must be receiving active cellular monitoring service to connect with Alarm.com. A DSC Impassa can receive cellular monitoring if it meets certain requirements. An active cellular communicator will need to be installed in the panel. The system must be on firmware version 1.3 or higher* to support the appropriate cellular communicator. The user will also need a monitoring plan that includes cellular service. All of the Gold and Platinum level monitoring plans from Alarm Grid support cellular communication. Please review our monitoring page for more information about our plans.
2. Connect to Alarm.com. The DSC Impassa will need to be linked with Alarm.com before it can be controlled with an iPhone. Once the cellular communicator has been activated, the user's alarm monitoring company should send an email with instructions on how to get started with Alarm.com. Follow the instructions to configure the Alarm.com account.
3. Download the app. On the iPhone, open the App Store. Then locate and download the Alarm.com Mobile App.
4. Access Alarm.com. Enter in the Alarm.com login credentials for the Alarm.com Mobile App on the iPhone. The iPhone will then be able to control the DSC Impassa System.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Business Security Systems
- Apartment Security Systems
- Small Business Security Systems
- Monitored Home Security Systems
- DIY Wireless Security Systems