For those needing a dual-path alarm system, the Honeywell LYRICUPGRADE-A is a great option. This packaged deal includes a Honeywell Lyric System and a Honeywell LYRICLTE-A AT&T LTE Communicator. The LTE cellular communicator makes the system dual-path ready for enhanced reliability.
When it comes to wireless alarm systems, the Lyric is debatably one of the best on the market. Right away, you will notice its 7-inch graphic touchscreen that makes controlling the system a breeze. The system has a diverse sensor lineup, with its support of encrypted Honeywell SiX Series Sensors, as well as non-encrypted 345 MHz sensors from the Honeywell 5800 Series lineup and the 2GIG 345 MHz Series. If you use exclusively SiX Series Sensors, which use 128-bit AES encryption, you can have a fully encrypted system. End users will also find that the system is incredibly easy to set up, and only minimal wiring is required.
But what really makes the system exciting is its features. These help propel the Lyric into more than just your everyday alarm panel. The front of the panel has a 2MP camera, and you can set it up to take snapshots upon disarming to make sure that only authorized individuals are using the system. Another benefit from this camera is that it can be accessed remotely through an interactive service platform to "check-in" and make sure that no trouble is occurring in your home or business. And with the Lyric's built-in Z-Wave controller, you can establish a smart home network of devices such as lights, door locks, and thermostats.
Monitoring service is made easy with the Lyric. The panel connects with Resideo AlarmNet360, which then forwards the incoming signals to a central monitoring station and/or Total Connect 2.0. This is dependent upon the user's monitoring plan. If you have central station, then you can receive automatic emergency dispatch during events like break-ins and fires. And if you have access to Total Connect 2.0, then you can set up text and/or email notifications to be alerted to any important system activity. Another benefit to TC2 is that you can access the platform using a phone or web browser to control the Lyric remotely from pretty much anywhere in the world.
The Lyric connects with AlarmNet360 in two (2) ways. It has a built-in WIFI card that allows you to connect the system with a 2.4 GHz WIFI network for sending and receiving signals. But in this bundled deal, we have also provided an AT&T LTE Communicator. This add-in will make the system dual-path ready, meaning that it will use both IP and cellular connectivity. Internet service will serve as the primary communication path, while the cellular connection will serve as an important backup, in case the internet ever goes out. An electrical outage would take your router offline (unless you provide a backup power source), and the cellular backup can really come in handy in those situations.
We also want to discuss the ability of the Honeywell Lyric to integrate with Apple HomeKit. If you aren't familiar with HomeKit, it is a robust platform for iOS users that allows them to build a network of interconnected HomeKit-compatible devices, including lights, cameras, door locks, smart thermostats, and so much more. By creating automations, you can have the Lyric respond automatically along with other devices in your HomeKit network. It is also advised that you set up a dedicated HomeKit Hub, such as an iPad, and AppleTV Gen 4 or higher, or an Apple HomePod. The HomeKit Hub is required if you want to control the Lyric remotely using Siri Voice Commands.
- 10 Different Chime Settings. Set doors to different sounds to signify open/close.
- Built-in 2MP Camera. Takes 640x480 photo whenever system is disarmed.
- Supports up to 8 cameras. View Cameras On-Screen. Up to 4 IP Cams can be viewed on the Lyric screen at any given time. Simultaneously, they can be viewed in Total Connect. Newer HD cameras not supported.
- Voice-Assisted Scenes: use the following voice commands to trigger events on the system: "Wake up," "Bedtime," "Leaving the house," "Returning home," "Evening time," "Cameras."
- Voice Announces Sensor States in 4 Languages. The Lyric Alarm system will articulate the state of sensors and will indicate whether doors or windows are open or whether the system is disarmed. It can do this in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French.
- Up to 48 Users. Register up to 48 different user profiles, and 5 different levels of user profiles.
- Supports up to 8 Wireless Keys. 4-button and 2-button keys with programmable options are programmable to the Lyric alarm system on dedicated zones. Additional zones can be used for wireless keys when needed.
- Supports up to 128 Wireless Sensors. Can monitor even the largest homes. 128 different door/window, smoke, glass break, sensors, and more.
- 2 Hardwired Sensor Zones. Add two non-powered hardwired sensors to the Lyric system. Great for bringing over old sensors to the new system.
- Supports Many Different Sensors. Out-of-the-box, the Lyric Alarm is compatible with SiX Series Sensors, Honeywell's 5800 series sensors, and any 2GIG sensor (Firmware MR3 or higher required).
- Supports up to 8 Lyric Keypads (LKP500).
- Supports Up to 72 Z-Wave Devices. Almost any Z-Wave device can be included to the Lyric. The Lyric supports up to 6 Z-Wave Thermostats, 6 Z-Wave Door Locks and 60 light modules, light dimmers, appliance modules, window shades, blinds, garage doors, water valves, and sirens or strobes.
- Everything Can be Managed within the system. Users are managed within the Lyric's system. 100 smart scenes can be created within the Lyric, itself. With Total Connect 2.0, users can be programmed locally or through TC2. All scene programming becomes remote-only once TC2 has been added.
- Remote and Local Programming Options, Firmware updates Available. Alarm Grid can use AlarmNet 360 to program your system if you should ever need it. Firmware can be updated. System usage can be monitored. Users can add sensors at the panel on their own by getting into programming (default installer code: 4112).
Size & Weight
- Height: 6.65 inches
- Width: 8.5 inches
- Depth: 1.3 inches
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Screen Size: 7-inch LED Screen, capacitive touchscreen display.
- Screen Resolution: 1024x600
- Screen Colors: Support for millions of colors.
External Buttons & Input/Output Connectors
- Physical Buttons: Home, Emergency Response
- Input/Output Audio: Speaker, Microphone
- Siren Intensity: 85dB
- Connectors & Modules: USB 2.0 Type A Port, Cellular Module Tray, Internal Backup Battery
Wireless & Cellular
- Radios: WiFi (2.4GHz), CDMA IXRTT (1800, 1900 MHz), GSM/EDGE (850, 900, X MHz), LTE (Triple band support for 700 Band13, AWS Band4, 1900 MHz Band2)
- Home Automation: HomeKit & Z-Wave, network wide inclusion supported.
- Sensor Antennas: SiX Two-Way Wireless Technology antenna to support Lyric wireless sensors, Supports Honeywell Home 5800 Series wireless sensors.
- LTE Cellular Carriers: AT&T, Verizon
- GSM Cellular Carriers: AT&T, Rogers
- CDMA Cellular Carriers: Verizon
- Keypad Operations: Arm & Disarm, System Status, Emergency Response, Sound and Voice Annunciation.
- Plug-in Power Supply: 110VAC mains to 9VDC w/ 2.7A output.
- Backup Battery: 4-hour backup, or 24 hour backup available.
- Operating Conditions: 32°F–122°F (0°C–50°C)