This Qolsys IQ4 NS comes with a built-in AT&T communicator and has support for 433 MHz DSC wireless sensors. The NS stands for no screen. It does not have a screen, so it provides a more affordable option for users who always use Alarm.com's interactive app (Android or iOS) or the alarm.com customer website. The IQ4 NS is packed with industry-leading features and provides an excellent option for a security panel and a home automation controller.
The IQ4 NS uses a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 8-core SOM (System on a Module) with 16GB of NAND Flash memory. This is identical to the IQ Panel 4 and the IQ4 Hub. It is built on the same platform, it just removes the screen. It can still support up to 137 devices with a Z-Wave Plus (800) controller. This includes up to 80 lights, up to 20 locks, up to 10 thermostats, up to 6 garage doors, and up to 21 miscellaneous devices.
The IQ4 NS is what many have been asking for. The popularity of the Alarm.com interactive service attracts many users to their services. Whether it's the app or the customer website, many users rely heavily, if not solely, on the service. They use it for arming/disarm, automation and Z-Wave control, and to monitor and keep track of what is going on in their home. Especially when they are away from home. For these reasons, many rarely if ever interact with the actual touchscreen of their panel. If this sounds like a category you would fall in, then the IQ4 NS can save you some money by eliminating the touchscreen.
The IQ4 NS is available in many configurations. There is also an IQ4 NS with 319.5 MHz support, an IQ4 NS with 345 MHz support, an IQ4 NS with PowerG support, and an automation-only IQ4 NS with no wireless sensor support. Each of the above options come with a choice of a Verizon or AT&T LTE communicator. Qolsys also released individual daughter card to support additional sensors. All IQ4 NS alarm panels can accept one (1) legacy RF daughter card and one (1) PowerG daughter card for sensor support. There's a PowerG daughter card, and legacy RF daughter cards in 319.5 MHz, 345 MHz, and 433 MHz versions. For this IQ4 NS, the 433 legacy card is included, so you still have the option to add one (1) PowerG card.
This IQ4 NS has an AT&T LTE communicator and a dual-band WIFI communicator. Both are Alarm.com communicators and send signals to the monitoring station (if applicable) at the same time. Whichever signal reaches first, the other is disregarded. The IQ4 NS does require a plan that supports cellular service. For Alarm Grid customers, this is a Gold plan (self or full).
The IQ4 NS adds another great option to the line of Qolsys wireless alarm systems. If you were one of the ones asking for this product, then your answer has arrived.
- Product Type: Wireless No Screen All-In-One Alarm Panel
- Power: Input 100 - 240VAC 50/60Hz./Output: 7VDC 1000mA CC,
- Backup Battery: Type 18650 Li-Ion 3000mAh
- Battery Standby Time: At Least 24 Hours
- Display: NONE
- Processor: Qualcomm SnapDragon 8 Core SOM (System On a Module)
- Operating System: Android 9
- Memory: 16GB of NAND Flash
- Bluetooth Disarming: Yes
- LED Indicator: Power (One (1) Green LED) Status (One (1) Full-color RGB LED)
- Tamper: Dual (panel and wall tamper with spring release and Smash and Grab reporting)
- User Codes: 242
- Wireless Zones: 128
- Wireless Sensor Compatibility: 433 MHz Sensors
- Daughter Card Compatibility: PowerG
- Wireless Keypad Support: IQ Remote (HS2LCDWF9 and IQ Remote PowerG with PowerG card)
- IP Communication: Dual-Band Built-In WIFI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Built-in Access Point Capability
- Cellular Communication: AT&T LTE (Non-Replaceable Module)
- Interactive Platform: Alarm.com
- Automation: Z-Wave Plus V2 800-Series w/ S2 Protocol
- Z-Wave Support: Up to 137 devices
- Partitions: Four (4)
- Speakers: One (1) speaker @ 4 Watts
- Siren: One (1) piezo siren @ 85dbs
- Microphone: None
- Dimensions: 6.1"H x 7.5"W x 1"D (155mm x 191mm x 26mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F - 120.2°F (0°C to 49°C)
- Operating Humidity: Up to 93% Non-Condensing (Indoor Use Only)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C)