Can I Change the Time on My VISTA-P System w/o Using the Master Code?
Yes, you can change the time on your VISTA-P System without using the Master Code. However, you will need to know the Installer Code in order to do this. You will enter either code plus [#] +  to display the date and time. Then press the [*] key to begin changing the date and time.
Please note that you will not be able to adjust the VISTA Panel's date and time if any partition is armed. Complete the following steps to change the panel's date and time:
1. Display the date and time. Enter in one of the following commands to display the date and time:
[Master Code] + [#] + 
[Installer Code] + [#] + 
After entering in one of these commands, the panel's date and time will be shown.
The default Master Code is 1234. The default Installer Code is 4112. We recommend changing the default Master Code to something else. But we advise leaving the Installer Code at its default. This will prevent you from being unable to access programming later.
2. Begin adjusting the date and time. Press the [*] key. A cursor will appear under the first digit of the hour setting. You can now begin adjusting the date and time.
3. Adjust the date and time. The date and time consists of the following:
- Two adjustable digits for the hour (00-12)
- Two adjustable digits for the minutes (00-59)
- Adjustable selection for AM or PM (A or P - Press 1 for A, or 2 for P)
- Two non-adjustable digits and two adjustable digits for the year (20XX, with only XX being adjustable; XX can be set to 00-99)
- Two adjustable digits for the month (01-12)
- Two adjustable digits for the day (00-31, depending on the month)
- The day of the week will be set automatically based on the year, month and day that has been set.
You can move the cursor to the next sequence (right) by pressing the [*] key. You can move the cursor to the previous sequence (left) by pressing the [#] key. At each selection, use the keypad to enter in the appropriate entry. As entries are made, the cursor will automatically advance. When adjusting for AM or PM, press 1 for AM, or 2 for PM. All of the other entries can be made by entering the appropriate 0-9 digit.
Continue moving through the selections until the correct date and time is displayed.
4. Return to the main screen. Once the correct date and time is displayed, keep pressing the [*] key until the keypad returns to the main screen. Your keypad will go to the main screen once the [*] key is pressed on the 2nd digit for day.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More