How do I set up Night Stay zones on a Vista-P Panel?
The Vista-15P, Vista-20P and Vista-21IP series panels offer many convenient features, one of which is the ability to arm in the Stay Mode. When you arm your system in Stay, meaning you're going to be staying on the premises, the system automatically bypasses any zone programmed as an interior zone type. This way, as you walk around inside your home, you don't cause these interior zones to go into alarm. Very convenient, but what if, for example, you have a two-story house, with all the bedrooms upstairs, and the rest of the living space downstairs? When everyone is asleep, you might want to bypass the interior zones upstairs, in the hallway, near the bathroom, but have the downstairs motions remain active. This is where Night-Stay arming comes into play.
Inherent logic in these panels says that, any interior type zone assigned to zone list 5, will be active when arming in the Night Stay Mode. There are a couple of different ways to achieve Night Stay arming. On a 6160 or 6150 style keypad, enter a Valid Code + 3 3 (Valid Code + Stay Stay). On the Tuxedo style keypads, you can choose the way you want the Night button to behave. To do so, go to Setup->System->Advanced Setup: Enter the Installer Code when prompted, then press “Night Setup". You have 5 options to choose from: Away/Stay/Instant/Night/Maximum. For our purposes, you should choose “Night"at this prompt. Exit to the Home screen.
Determine which interior type zones you wish to be armed in the Night Stay mode. For this example, I'm going to choose zones 03, 10, and 14.
- From a 6160 or other Alpha Display keypad, Enter Panel Programming (Installer Code + 8 + 00)
- Press *81
- You'll be prompted with “Zone List Number" - Enter 05 then press *
- You'll be prompted with “Enter Zone Num." - Enter ZN* ZN * ZN * and after the last zone 00 * (where ZN is the zone number of a zone you wish to include in this zone list, in our example 03* 10* 14* then 00*)
- You'll be prompted with “Del Zn List?" - Enter 0 then press *
- You'll be prompted with “Del Zone?" - Enter 0 then press *
- This will bring you back to “Zone List Number" - Enter 00
- You'll be prompted with “Enter * or #" - Press * 99 to Exit Program Mode.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Home Security Systems
- Custom Security Systems
- Alarm Control Panels
- Motion Detecting Sensors
- Passive Infrared Motion Detecting Sensors
- Pet Friendly Motion Detecting Sensors
- Outdoor Motion Detecting Sensors
- DUAL TEC® Motion Detecting Sensors
- Answered By
- Julia Ross