How Do I Wire a 6162RF to a VISTA?
To connect the 6162RF combination Alpha keypad and High 5800 series receiver to the panel, connect the negative (black), positive (red), data in (green) and data out (yellow), to the panel's keypad bus. On the Vista-15P, 20P, and 21iP panels, terminals 4, 5, 6, and 7 respectively.
- Using a flat blade screwdriver, release the 2 locking tabs located on the bottom of the keypad and remove the back plate.
Determine where the keypad will be mounted. Connect the back plate to the wall, making sure it is level, and make a hole suitable for running wires from the keypad to the alarm panel. At the keypad, connect a black wire to negative, a red wire to positive, a green wire to the G terminal, and a yellow wire to the Y terminal.
- At the Vista-15P, 20P, and 21iP panels, connect the black wire to terminal 4, connect the red wire to terminal 5, connect the green wire to terminal 6, and connect the yellow wire to terminal 7.
- If you are wiring the 6162RF to a Vista-128BPT or 250BPT, connect the black wire to terminal 7, the red wire to terminal 6, the green wire to terminal 8, and the yellow wire to terminal 9.
- Once the keypad has been wired to the alarm panel, it will need to be properly addressed before it will work. On the Vista-15P, 20P, 21iP panels, valid addresses are 16 - 23. On the Vista-128BPT/250BPT, addresses 00 and 01 are enabled by default for alpha keypads.
Check out our operations video for further details:
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Wired Alarm Control Panels
- Wireless Receivers
- Alarm Keypads
- Wired Security Systems
- Wired Alarm Keypads
- DIY Wired Security Systems
- Answered By
- Julia Ross