How Do I Replace Batteries in Honeywell Door/Window Sensors?
You can replace batteries in a Honeywell door and window sensor by first determining what type of battery the sensor uses. Next, remove the back cover for the sensor. Then take out the old battery. Finally, insert the new one and apply the back cover. The sensor will be ready for use.
Complete the following steps to replace the battery in a Honeywell door and window sensor:
1. Determine the battery. Every wireless door and window sensor uses some type of battery. You must determine the type of battery that the sensor uses. This is necessary for purchasing the correct replacement. Most Honeywell door and window sensors will use a CR2032 lithium Coin, a CR123A lithium battery, AAA batteries or AA batteries. If you are unsure of which type of battery your sensor uses, you can find a complete list here.
2. Remove the back cover. Remove the back cover for the sensor. Many Honeywell door and window sensors require a flathead screwdriver to do this. The flathead screwdriver is pushed into a slot so that a tab can be pressed. This will allow the back cover to be removed. You should be able to gently pull the back over off. You should never have to force or pry it off. More instructions for removing the back cover can be found in the instruction manual for the sensor.
3. Replace the battery. Remove the old battery from the sensor. You should be able to gently pop it out. Then apply the new battery. Make sure that it is facing the proper direction. This can be determined by checking the positive (+) and negative (-) ends of the battery.
4. Reapply the back cover. Put the back cover back on the sensor. It should snap securely into place.
Check out our complete guide for door and window sensor batteries.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- aaa Batteries
- cr2025 Batteries
- cr123 Batteries
- aa Batteries
- cr2430 Batteries
- cr2032 Batteries
- Door Alarm Sensors
- Wireless Door Alarm Sensors
- Wireless Door Sensors and Window Alarm Sensors
- Encrypted Door Alarm Sensors