How Do I Stream Alarm.com Cameras On a 2GIG Edge?
You can stream Alarm.com Cameras on a 2GIG Edge by activating the system for monitoring service with video enabled on your Alarm.com account, pairing the cameras with your Alarm.com account, enabling panel streaming for the cameras, and then accessing the camera feeds from the panel.
In order to stream Alarm.com Cameras on your 2GIG Edge, you must have the 2GIG Edge activated for alarm monitoring service. Any camera that you want to stream must be enrolled with your Alarm.com account. You can only enroll cameras if your monitoring plan includes video surveillance. Alarm Grid customers will need a Platinum Level Plan (Self or Full) to enroll cameras. Keep in mind that each Alarm.com account has a limit to the number of cameras that can be added, though this limit can be increased. In addition to streaming from the 2GIG Edge, cameras can also be streamed from the 2GIG Edge Remote Keypad.
Only certain Alarm.com Cameras are capable of being live-streamed from the 2GIG Edge. To see which cameras can be streamed, please check this FAQ. After enrolling a camera with your Alarm.com account, you must enable the "View at Panel" option for the camera. Then you will be able to view the camera on the 2GIG Edge and any of its touchscreen keypads after the panel syncs with Alarm.com. The panel will sync on its own after a few minutes, or you can force a sync by rebooting the panel. Then to load a camera at the panel or a 2GIG Edge Remote Keypad, choose Smart Home, then Cameras. All the cameras set up for panel streaming will then load as thumbnails.
Complete the following steps to stream Alarm.com Cameras on a 2GIG Edge or 2GIG Edge Remote Keypad:
1. Activate for alarm monitoring. The 2GIG Edge System must be activated for alarm monitoring service. More information can be found in this FAQ. For the purpose of streaming cameras, you will need a monitoring plan that includes video surveillance, and you will need to have Video enabled on your Alarm.com account. Alarm Grid customers will need a Platinum Plan (Self or Full) for this purpose. More information about all our monitoring plans can be found in this blog post.
2. Pair Alarm.com Cameras. Any camera that you want to stream from your 2GIG Edge must be paired with your Alarm.com account. The general process is covered in this FAQ. Note that while that FAQ focuses on the camera pairing process for the Android Version of the Alarm.com Mobile App, the process is very similar for the iOS Version of the App or the Alarm.com Website using a compatible web browser. Continue to the next step after the cameras have been paired with your Alarm.com account.
3. Enable panel streaming. You must enable panel streaming for any camera you want to stream from the 2GIg Edge or 2GIG Edge Remote Keypad. This is the "View at Panel" option on Alarm.com. For the purpose of this FAQ, we will focus on using the Alarm.com website with a compatible web browser. Access the Alarm.com website then login to the customer account. This will require providing your Alarm.com username and password, and also completing two-factor authentication (2FA) if it is enabled on your account. After logging in choose Video on the left-hand side, then Settings at the top. Then choose the option for Stream Video to Security Panel Screen. A list of your paired Alarm.com Cameras that are eligible for panel streaming will appear on the screen. Find any camera that you want to stream from the 2GIG Edge Panel or 2GIG Edge Remote Keypad, and make sure its "View at Panel" box on the far right-hand side is checked. After checking the necessary boxes, press Save at the bottom. The camera(s) will be able to stream after the 2GIG Edge System syncs with Alarm.com.
4. Sync with Alarm.com. The 2GIG Edge System must sync with the Alarm.com account so that it knows that it has permission to stream camera(s). You can wait a few minutes, and the system will sync automatically. Or if you want to speed up the process, you can reboot the panel. The panel can be rebooted by powering it down and then back on. To do this, open up the panel to access and disconnect its backup battery and then unplug its transformer to power it down. Then power the panel back on by reconnecting its backup battery first and its transformer second. The 2GIG Edge System will automatically sync with Alarm.com as part of its boot-up process.
5. Initiate panel camera streaming. To load an Alarm.com Camera from the 2GIG Edge or 2GIG Edge Remote Keypad, start from the main panel screen or main keypad screen. Choose Smart Home. Then choose Cameras. All cameras that have been enabled for panel streaming should load. You can click on a camera's thumbnail to make it full screen. If you do not see the Cameras option in the Smart Home Menu, then try giving the 2GIG Edge System more time to sync with Alarm.com, or try rebooting the system to force a sync. You may also recheck your Alarm.com account to make sure that the "View at Panel" option is enabled for the camera you want to stream. Also, check the FAQ linked earlier to make sure that the Alarm.com Camera you are using is eligible for panel streaming.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More