How do I Add More Zones to My Honeywell VISTA Security System?
To add zones on a Vista panel, a hardwired zone expander, or a receiver is required. Compatible hardwired expanders are the 4219 and 4229. Compatible keypad receivers are the 6150RF and the 6160RF. Compatible standalone receivers are the 5881ENL, 5881ENM, 5881ENH, 5881ENHC and the 5883H.
- The 4219 is a hardwired zone expander that connects to the Vista control panel through the keypad bus and provides 8 additional zones which can be end of line resistor supervised. The 4219 zone expander is compatible with Honeywell Vista-15P, Vista-20P and Vista-21iP series control panels.
- The 4229 is a hardwired zone expander / relay board. Like the 4219, the 4229 connects to the Vista control panel through the keypad bus, and provides 8 additional zones, which can be end of line resistor supervised. In addition, it offers 2 on board programmable form C relays. The 4229 is completely compatible with the Vista-15P, Vista-20P and Vista 21iP series control panels. The Vista-128BPT and Vista-250BPT will support only the relays, not zone expansion, and on these panels the 4229 must be addressed via dips, then enabled in *93 device programming as an output device.
- The 6150RF keypad is a fixed English keypad that has a built-in 5800 Series Medium transceiver and supports up to 16 wireless zones, with up to 8 keyfobs supported locally, which do not use system zones. It also supports bi-directional devices such as the 5828/5828V and 5800WAVE
- The 6160RF keypad is an alpha numeric keypad that has a built-in 5800 series High transceiver and supports as many wireless zones as the Vista panel will allow.
- The 5881ENL supports up to 8 wireless zones.
- The 5881ENM supports up to 16 wireless zones.
- The 5881ENH is limited only by the number of wireless zones the panel supports.
- The 5881ENHC is a commercial UL listed wireless receiver and supports an unlimited number of wireless zones. It also offers a cover and a back mounting tamper.
- The 5883H is a wireless receiver / transceiver limited only by the number of wireless zones the panel supports. It also supports bi-directional wireless devices such as the 5800WAVE, and the 5828/5828V
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Answered By
- Joe Gonnella