The Qolsys IQ Pro is a hybrid alarm system, combining wired and wireless technology into a single system that can address nearly any security need. It combines features from the Qolsys IQ Panel 4 and the DSC PowerSeries NEO, to provide a complete security experience. The IQ Pro is capable of protecting almost any environment.
The IQ Pro truly has it all. It is suitable for nearly any size environment and has everything needed to support commercial spaces or large homes. It has long-range wireless support, with DSC PowerG wireless sensors, combined with hardwired zones, and MX addressable loop zones. This makes it a great fit for many large businesses, hospitals, and schools.
The IQ Pro supports up to 128 zones, 8 partitions, 1000 users, and 16 keypads. The keypads can consist of up to sixteen (16) hardwired, up to five (5) wireless or PowerG IQ remotes, and up to three (3) IQ Remote touchscreens. It can also support up to ten (10) PowerG PIR Cameras such as the PG9944 Outdoor Motion Camera, or the indoor PG9934P PIR Camera. It has four (4) onboard programmable outputs and is expandable up to 148. It also has built-in dual-path communicators. Ethernet or WIFI and an LTE Cellular communicator.
The IQ Pro has many options. You may opt for a Verizon, AT&T, or Telus (Canada) LTE cellular communicator. For those who only plan to use the long-range, encrypted wireless sensors, there is an available PowerG-only IQ Pro. Or in addition to PowerG, users can also choose either a 345 MHz Honeywell or 2GIG compatible, 319.5 MHz Qolsys or Interlogix/GE compatible, or 433 MHz legacy DSC compatible model. You will also choose between a metal and a plastic enclosure. This version of the IQ Pro comes in a plastic enclosure, with a Verizon LTE communicator, and support for both PowerG and DSC 433 MHz sensors.
One very important thing to note with the plastic enclosure is if the cellular signal strength is so low that it requires an external antenna, then the use of the plastic enclosure is not possible. The external antenna is only compatible with a metal enclosure Qolsys IQ Pro. There also is no option to just swap out the enclosures. So, there is no solution to convert a Plastic enclosure IQ Pro to a metal enclosure if an external antenna is needed.
The IQ Pro offers IP options to connect using either WIFI or Ethernet, in addition to its LTE cellular path. As with all Alarm.com communicators, signals will be sent on both, the IP and LTE Cellular paths, at the same time for each signal. All communication paths connect to Alarm.com for monitoring. They receive their interactive services through the alarm.com customer website or the alarm.com app. The Alarm.com mobile app is available on iOS and Android app stores. Alarm.com requires at least a cellular connection, so Alarm Grid customers will need either a Gold Plan (Self or Full) or higher, or a Cellular Alarm Monitoring plan.
Add to the eight (8) on-board hardwired zones with an HSM2108 hardwired zone expander. Each HSM2108 adds up to eight (8) additional hardwired zones. New to the IQ PRO are the MX addressable loop devices. Some older DSC PowerSeries panels used addressable loops, but those devices are not compatible. The IQ Pro uses the HSM3105 module for addressable loop expansion of up to 124 MX zones. Remember, regardless of which expansion route you take, the IQ Pro will support a total of 128 zones.
With the impressive expansion options available on the IQ Pro, power could become a concern. That's where the HSM2300 and the HSM2204 come into play. The HSM2300 is a power supply module that provides an additional 1A of current. The HSM2204 is a power supply and PGM module combined. It can provide an additional 1A of current and four (4) high-current programmable outputs.
The Qolsys IQ Pro has a QR code that can be scanned to quickly begin configuring the system. The IQ Pro Installer App is available from the Android or Apple app store. This app can be used to configure every aspect of the IQ Pro system, from zone programming to Z-Wave automation devices.
- Product Type: Commercial Hybrid Alarm Panel
- Cabinet Material: Plastic (available in Metal, also)
- Power Adapter: External - Input: 120VAC/40VA, 60Hz, 1.2A ; Output: 18VDC 2.22 A,
- Battery Type: Sealed Lead-Acid (SLA), Rechargeable
- Processor: Qualcomm SnapDragon 8 Core SOM (System On a Module)
- Memory: 16GB of NAND Flash
- Platform: Android OS
- On-Board Zones: 8
- Total Supported Zones: 128
- Hardwired Zone Expandable Yes up to 120 with HSM2108
- MX Addressable Loop: up to 124 MX devices with HSM3105
- Wireless Sensor Compatibility: DSC 433 MHz Sensors and PowerG 915 MHz Sensors
- PowerG Host: Onboard or remote host compatible. Auto switching when supported HS2LCDRF9/HS2LCDRFP9 or HSM2HOST remote PowerG host is added. (These remote hosts do not support IQ remote PowerG and PG9WLSHW8/PG9HRDW8 PowerG wired to wireless converters).
- Partitions: Eight (8)
- On-Board PGM Outputs: Four (4) - Three (3) Low-Current, One (1) High-Current
- PGM Expansion: Yes 144 (up to 128 low current using HSM2208, up to 16 high current using HSM2204)
- User Codes: 1000 (4 or 6-digit)
- Max Keypads: 16 Total: Up to Sixteen (16) Hardwired (LCD Keypads HS2LCD, HS2LCDP, HS2ICN, HS2ICNP, and HS2TCHP touchscreen (requires firmware update)), Up to five (5) Wireless or IQ Remote PowerG, and up to three (3) IQ Remotes (WIFI)
- IP Communication: WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band 2.4/5ghz - including built-in router capability or Ethernet 10/100Mb
- Cellular Communication: Verizon LTE CAT4 (Non-Replaceable Module)
- External Cellular Antenna Compatible: No
- Interactive Platform: Alarm.com
- 2-Way Voice: No
- Control 4: Yes
- Bluetooth Disarming: Yes
- Automation: Z-Wave Plus V2 700-Series w/ S2 Protocol
- Bell Output: 11.3 VDC to 12.5 VDC, maximum current 700 mA continuous
(supervised 1 kΩ), current limited at 2 A.
- AUX Power: 11.3 VDC to 12.5 VDC. Maximum current 700 mA shared between AUX1 and AUX2
- AUX Power Expansion: Yes with HSM2300 or HSM2204
- Certification: FCC, IC, UL-985, UL-1023, UL-2610 UL-1637, ULC-S545, ULC-S304
- Dimensions: (L x W x H)19” x 12” x 4.9" (482.5mm x 305mm x 124mm)
- Weight: 3.74 lbs (without battery)
- Operating Temperature: 14°F - 131°F (-10°C - +55°C)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 93% RH Noncondensing Relative Humidity