Can I View A Live Video Feed On My Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
Yes, you can view live video from compatible Alarm.com Cameras on the Qolsys IQ Panel 2. The panel must be on firmware 2.2.1 or higher, and the cameras that are used must support this feature and be on the latest firmware version. The Alarm.com account must have the proper service package.
Hardware and Software Requirements:
- Qolsys IQ Panel 2 with Firmware version 2.2.1 or higher with a valid WIFI connection.
- At least one compatible Alarm.com video camera running the latest firmware. The cameras below support live stream with two-way audio at the panel:
ADC-V521IR - Indoor Fixed Camera with Infrared. Discontinued, replaced with ADC-V522IR.
- For two-way audio, it must be on firmware version IP8137-ALAM-0100d1 or higher.
ADC-V522IR - Indoor Fixed Camera with Infrared
- For two-way audio, it must be hardware version 0101 with firmware version IP8168-ALAM-0100b9 or higher.
- ADC-V622 - Indoor Wide Angle Camera
- ADC-VDB101 or 102 - Alarm.com WIFI Doorbell Camera
- ADC-VDB105 or 106 - Alarm.com Slimline Doorbell Camera
- ADC-V521IR - Indoor Fixed Camera with Infrared. Discontinued, replaced with ADC-V522IR.
- The cameras listed below support live video stream at the panel, but not two-way audio:
- A service package that includes “Pro Video”. To support two-way audio, “Audio for Non-doorbell cameras” must also be enabled on the Alarm.com account. For Alarm Grid customers, this will be the Platinum Level Plan.
Once the hardware, software, and plan requirements have been met, follow these steps to enable Live Stream:
1. Verify WIFI connection. Perform a dual-path test at the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 to confirm it has a valid WIFI connection. To do this, swipe down from the top of the home screen. Then choose Settings > Advanced Settings > Enter Installer or Dealer Code (default is 1111 or 2222) > System Tests > Dual Path Test > Start. If the WIFI path does not test successfully, read this helpful FAQ on connecting the panel to WIFI.
2. Verify IP Camera Communication. The alarm dealer can verify camera communication through the Alarm.com website or MobileTech. The customer can also log into their Alarm.com account and verify that video feeds are active and accessible.
3. Enable Live Stream. Log into the Alarm.com Customer website. Click Video > Settings > "Stream Video to Security Panel Screen". You'll need to click an "Authorize" toggle switch for each camera you want to enable to live stream video to the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 System.
4. Stream live video. Swipe left on the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 screen until you see the "Live Video Cameras" page. Tap to select the camera you wish to view. Press the "Play" icon to view a live video stream from that camera.
While on the live view screen, you can tap the "Lock" icon to unlock a Z-Wave lock. For cameras that support two-way audio, tap the microphone icon to talk through the camera. You can drag the volume slider to adjust the level of volume you hear from the camera. Tap the telephone handset icon to end the session.
NOTE: If the system is armed while a live stream session is in progress, the screen will exit the video stream and return to the panel arming screen. Z-wave and other commands will continue as normal without interrupting the live stream.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Answered By
- Julia Ross