What is a DIP switch on an alarm sensor?
A DIP switch on an alarm sensor is a small on or off switch which usually controls a mode, feature or programming setting. DIP switches can be found on all kinds of devices. Many motion sensors and glass break detectors have DIP switches which will set the sensitivity. Wireless receivers or sirens, devices which require a House ID, often utilize combinations of DIP switch positions to set the code. DIP switches make changing the settings of your security device easy.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Wireless Receivers
- Wireless Door Sensors and Window Alarm Sensors
- Wireless Motion Detecting Sensors
- Wireless Glass Break Detectors
- Wireless Environmental Sensors
- Wired Glass Break Detectors
- Wired Motion Detecting Sensors