The Qolsys IQ Pro is a complete hybrid system. It combines wired, wireless, and addressable zones, all into one system. It brings together features from the Qolsys IQ Panel 4 and the DSC PowerSeries NEO. The result is the IQ Pro that can secure nearly any environment, whether large or small.
The IQ Pro is perfect for commercial establishments or larger homes. It has the long-range wireless transmitting capabilities of DSC PowerG wireless sensors, combined with legacy RF, hardwired zones, and MX addressable loop zones. This also makes it a great fit for many large businesses, such as hospitals, and schools. With that being said, right out of the box the IQ Pro is a feature-rich panel that will work nicely in any size home.
The IQ Pro supports up to 128 zones, 8 partitions, 1000 users, and 16 keypads. The keypads can be up to sixteen (16) hardwired, up to five (5) wireless or PowerG IQ remotes, and up to three (3) IQ Remote touchscreens. It can also support up to ten (10) PowerG PIR Cameras such as the PG9944 Outdoor Motion Camera, or the indoor PG9934P PIR Camera. It has four (4) onboard programmable outputs and is expandable up to 148. It also has built-in dual-path communicators. Ethernet or WIFI and an LTE Cellular communicator.
When selecting your IQ Pro there are a number of options to choose from. You may opt for either a Verizon, AT&T, or Telus (Canada) LTE cellular communicator. For those who plan to use only the PowerG long-range, encrypted sensors, there is an available PowerG-only IQ Pro. Or, in addition to PowerG, users can also choose either a 345 MHz Honeywell or 2GIG compatible, 319.5 MHz Qolsys or Interlogix/GE compatible, or 433 MHz legacy DSC compatible model. You will also choose between a metal or a plastic enclosure. This version of the IQ Pro comes in a plastic enclosure and offers an AT&T LTE communicator, with support for both PowerG and DSC 433 MHz sensors.
An important note with regard to the plastic enclosure version of the system is if the LTE cellular signal strength is low enough to require an external antenna, then the use of the plastic enclosure is not possible. The external antenna is only compatible with a metal enclosure Qolsys IQ Pro. Also, there is no option to just swap out the enclosures. So, there is no solution to convert a Plastic enclosure IQ Pro to a metal enclosure if it is later determined that an external antenna is needed.
The IQ Pro offers options to connect to the Internet, with both WIFI and Ethernet built-in. This is in addition to its built-in LTE cellular communicator. As with all Alarm.com communicators, signals will be sent on both, the IP and LTE Cellular paths, at the same time for each signal. The IQ Pro will still receive its interactive services through the alarm.com customer website or the alarm.com app. The Alarm.com mobile app is available in both the iOS and Android app stores.
The IQ Pro is expandable to meet your needs. Add to the eight (8) onboard hardwired zones with an HSM2108 hardwired zone expander. Each HSM2108 adds up to eight (8) additional conventional hardwired zones. New to the IQ PRO is the MX addressable loop. Some older DSC PowerSeries panels used addressable loops, but those devices are not compatible here. The IQ Pro uses the HSM3105 module for addressable loop expansion of up to 124 MX zones. Just remember, regardless of which expansion route you take, the IQ Pro will support a total of 128 zones.
With all the options available for expansion modules in the IQ Pro, you may be required to add additional power. That's where the HSM2300 and the HSM2204 come into play. The HSM2300 is a power supply module that provides an additional 1A of available current. The HSM2204 is a power supply and PGM module combined. It can provide an additional 1A of current along with four (4) high-current programmable outputs.
The IQ Pro, with a plastic enclosure, will require a backup battery which must be purchased separately. It can house and handle a 4 Ah or a 7 Ah battery. You would choose the battery that will provide the preferred standby time in the event you were to lose power. For details please refer to the battery charts in the IQ Pro reference manual on pages 44-45.
You can further customize the IQ Pro with your keypad selection. Choose a fixed-English keypad such as an HS2ICN, an alpha keypad such as an HS2LCD, or a touchscreen keypad such as an IQ Remote (older WIFI model) or PowerG IQ Remote. The IQ Remote keypads bring a more attractive look and tons more features. Use the touchscreen display to access and control compatible automation devices. The IQ remote will also add the ability to do voice chime, offers an on-board camera for disarm photos, and supports live-view of compatible Alarm.com cameras and doorbell cameras.
Each Qolsys IQ Pro has a unique QR code that can be scanned to quickly begin configuring the system. The IQ Pro Installer App is available from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. This app is used to configure every aspect of the IQ Pro system, from zone programming to Z-Wave automation devices.
- Product Type: Commercial Hybrid Alarm Panel
- Cabinet Material: Plastic (also available in Metal)
- Power Adapter: External - Input: 120VAC/40VA, 60Hz, 1.2A ; Output: 18VDC 2.22 A,
- Battery Type: Sealed Lead-Acid (SLA), Rechargeable
- Processor: Qualcomm SnapDragon 8 Core SOM (System On a Module)
- Memory: 16GB of NAND Flash
- Platform: Android OS
- On-Board Zones: 8
- Total Supported Zones: 128
- Hardwired Zone Expandable Yes up to 120 with HSM2108
- MX Addressable Loop: up to 124 MX devices with HSM3105
- Wireless Sensor Compatibility: DSC 433 MHz Sensors and PowerG 915 MHz Sensors
- PowerG Host: Onboard or remote host compatible. Auto switching when supported HS2LCDRF9/HS2LCDRFP9 or HSM2HOST remote PowerG host is added. (These remote hosts do not support IQ remote PowerG and PG9WLSHW8/PG9HRDW8 PowerG wired to wireless converters).
- Partitions: Eight (8)
- On-Board PGM Outputs: Four (4) - Three (3) Low-Current, One (1) High-Current
- PGM Expansion: Yes 144 (up to 128 low current using HSM2208, up to 16 high current using HSM2204)
- User Codes: 1000 (4 or 6-digit)
- Max Keypads: 16 Total: Up to Sixteen (16) Hardwired (LCD Keypads HS2LCD, HS2LCDP, HS2ICN, HS2ICNP, and HS2TCHP touchscreen (requires firmware update)), Up to five (5) Wireless or IQ Remote PowerG, and up to three (3) IQ Remotes (WIFI)
- IP Communication: WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band 2.4/5ghz - including built-in router capability or Ethernet 10/100Mb
- Cellular Communication: AT&T LTE CAT4 (Non-Replaceable Module)
- External Cellular Antenna Compatible: No
- Interactive Platform: Alarm.com
- 2-Way Voice: No
- Control 4: Yes
- Bluetooth Disarming: Yes
- Automation: Z-Wave Plus V2 700-Series w/ S2 Protocol
- Bell Output: 11.3 VDC to 12.5 VDC, maximum current 700 mA continuous
(supervised 1 kΩ), current limited at 2 A.
- AUX Power: 11.3 VDC to 12.5 VDC. Maximum current 700 mA shared between AUX1 and AUX2
- AUX Power Expansion: Yes with HSM2300 or HSM2204
- Certification: FCC, IC, UL-985, UL-1023, UL-2610 UL-1637, ULC-S545, ULC-S304
- Dimensions: (L x W x H)15.7" x 11.9" x 3.6" (397.5mm x 304mm x 92mm)
- Weight: 3.74 lbs (without battery)
- Operating Temperature: 14°F - 131°F (-10°C - +55°C)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 93% RH Noncondensing Relative Humidity