Your Security System if Irma Hits FloridaPosted By Joshua Unseth
Hey everyone! It's hurricane season, and this year, things are turning out to be a real doozie. Irma's heading right for our Florida office. And if it does hit, we're very likely going to have to shut down the bulk of our support team for a few days.
That will mean longer wait times on the phones, limited activations during that time, and longer wait times for tickets. We apologize, but ask you to bear with us while we prepare for the storm. There is a chance that we will lose power for a few days as well, which will further limit our support.
In the meantime, the best way you can help us get you faster support is by doing the following during the hurricane...
- Before getting in touch, check to see if we have a FAQ or YouTube video that answers your question.
- email us instead of calling us. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you call, please leave us a message. Those get converted to support tickets. We can see them and deal with them quickly that way.
Please do your best to keep our phones clear. We can work on support tickets as a team much more quickly than we can get to phone calls.
If you are in the path of the storm...
- Don't call us. Take cover. In case of an emergency, call your first responders.
- Consider putting your system on test for the remainder of the storm or completely powering it down by disconnecting the battery and unplugging the transformer from the wall.
- If you are in a flood zone, consider putting your system in a high enough place to avoid damage.
Apart from that, we appreciate your good thoughts and prayers as we prepare for what is looking like it's going to be a monstrous storm.