Security Industry Association Awards Scholarship to 12 WomenPosted By Michael Goris
The Security Industry Association (SIA) has named twelve (12) women as recipients for the first ever SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship. Each recipient will receive $6,650 from the SIA to continue their education and/or pursue career goals. Alarm Grid congratulates the recipients!
The SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship is open to SIA Members and SIA Student Members. This is the first year that SIA has offered the scholarship, which is specifically designed to benefit women in achieving their education and career goals. Recipients were selected by a committee comprised of volunteers from the SIA Women in Security Forum and the Human Resources Committee of the SIA.
As an organization, the SIA contributes greatly to the development and improvement of the security industry. They are particularly known for their work in setting various security standards, including those related to false alarm prevention. The SIA Women in Security Forum in particular works to improve diversity in the alarm industry by promoting, recruiting, and cultivating the leadership of women. They offer programs, professional opportunities, and networking events to help achieve this goal. The group is open to all women and men of SIA member companies.
SIA CEO Don Erickson said of the SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship, "The SIA Women in Security Forum continues to break new ground, inspire me and many others and provide unique opportunities for the widest spectrum of people possible to thrive in this field through initiatives like this new scholarship offering... We congratulate this talented and historic first class of SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship winners and look forward to celebrating their many accomplishments to come.”
The winners of the 2020 SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship include:
- Ryane Burke - Partner Marketing and Events Manager for Identiv
- Margurie Evans - SIA Student Member; Event Security Lead for Phoenix Suns
- Antoinette King - Key Account Manager - End User for Axis Communications
- Kavya Madhusudhan - Senior Project Engineer for Allegion
- Erin Mann - Customer Experience and Strategy Marketing Manager for Allegion Canada
- Daphne Navarro - SIA Student Member
- Sheethal Rao - Mechanical Engineer for Allegion
- Jenna Rolfe - SIA Student Member; Junior Readiness and Security Policy Officer for Global Affairs Canada
- Joneka Russell - Security Officer for Allied Universal
- Holly Sanson - Marketing Manager for ADT Commercial
- Kerri Sutherland - Human Resources Business Partner for Axis Communications
- Rachel Wyatt-Swanson - Director of Business Development for Cherokee Nation Security & Defense
Alarm Grid congratulates these bright and dedicated women, and we wish them the best of luck in pursuing their future goals. It's great to see some good news come out of the alarm industry, and we're happy to share it. We also applaud the SIA for their work in improving diversity in the industry, and we're hopeful that it encourages more women to get involved with alarm systems. Stay tuned to the Alarm Grid blog for more industry news!