Lyric Firmware Update MR8 is Here!Posted By Michael Goris
Hi DIYers! We have received news from Honeywell that Lyric Firmware Update MR8 is now available! This is the latest firmware update for the Honeywell Lyric Controller, and it is currently available for free download. End users can expect a few minor system improvements with the update.
From an end user's perspective, the following changes can be expected with Firmware Update MR8:
- The WIFI indicator in the upper-left corner will now display a red X if WIFI connectivity goes down.
- The Honeywell SiX Series Sensors now have a shorter RF transmission supervision interval. It is now six hours for all burglary devices, four hours for the Honeywell LKP500 Keypad, and two hours for all life-safety devices. Previously, the RF transmission supervision interval was 12 hours on all devices.
- In the SiX Programming Menu, the Zone Number will now be shown in Red if the zone is faulted. Additionally, a tamper message will be displayed in Red if the zone is tampered.
- The SiX Programming Menu now shows every enrolled SiX Series device for quick access. Newly enrolled sensors will be labeled "Newly Enrolled", which will be displayed in place of the Zone Number.
- The Honeywell LKP500 Keypad will no longer beep after performing an update.
- The Honeywell LKP500 Keypad will no longer announce Night Stay when Voice is disabled.
- Eaton Cooper Z-Wave Light Switches are now supported.
Additionally, the update includes various changes that will make it easier for your alarm company to monitor your system. That is why performing the update is crucial for all Lyric System owners.
Performing the update is very easy. First, you must make sure that your Lyric System is ready and has no trouble conditions, including any tamper cover and low-battery messages. It must be actively monitored with a working communication path. Start from the main screen of the system, and choose Security, followed by Tools. Then enter your system's Installer Code, which is 4112 by default. Then click on the Update Firmware button. The button should grey out to indicate that it has been selected.
You can then return to the home screen, and the update should be applied automatically. It will typically go through in a few minutes with a WIFI connection, but it may take up to an hour with cellular only. Once the update is ready, the system will reboot to complete the process.
You can check the system revision to confirm the update. Go to Security > Tools > Master Code (default 1234) > Advanced > System Information. Then check the revision to make sure it reads 01.08.
If you are an Alarm Grid monitored customer with any questions about the the MR8 Firmware Update, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. You may also call us at (888) 818-7728 from 9am to 8pm EST M-F. We look forward to hearing from you!