2GIG CO3 Posts

Posted By

Actress Anna Faris, known for her comedic roles, suffered from a not-so-funny incident over the recent Thanksgiving Holiday. The actress and 12 members of her family were the victims of a carbon monoxide (CO) gas incident. The incident occurred in a North Lake Tahoe cabin they were renting.

Qolsys iq carbon

A representative from the North Tahoe Fire Protection District stated that the vacation cabin had carbon monoxide levels as high as 55 parts per million (ppm). Long-term indoor exposure should be no higher than 15 ppm. The structure did not have any carbon monoxide sensors installed to indicate such danger. Nevada state law requires CO alarms in all family dwellings.

Thankfully, Anna Faris and her family are okay following the incident. However, two of her family members visited the local emergency room. Doctors diagnosed them with CO poisoning, and they were perfectly fine after receiving some care. Firefighters from the North Tahoe FD immediately rushed to the cabin and saved Ms. Faris and her accompanying family shortly thereafter.

According to North Lake Tahoe Fire Official Erin Holland, the CO levels indicated inside the building would have caused a "fatality in a short period of time" had the rescue team not intervened. Faris made sure to send her sincere gratitude to the North Tahoe FD following the incident.

Honeywell 5800combo smoke heat and co detector

We have spoken about the dangers of carbon monoxide gas many times on the Alarm Grid blog. The odorless and tasteless gas kills hundreds of people every year in the United States. If it weren't for the quick work of local firefighters, a talented actress and her family may have fallen victim as well. They are lucky to be alive, and the rescue team deserves praise for the fact that any exposure was kept as minimal as possible.

As you know by now, it is crucial to have carbon monoxide sensors installed in your home. Ideally, you should have CO detectors enrolled with your security system. By pairing these devices with a system that has active monitoring service, you and/or a central station can receive alerts regarding any of your CO sensors that activate while you are away.

If your home has hardwired high-voltage CO sensors (as is required in most jurisdictions), you can indirectly integrate these devices with your alarm system using a wireless takeover listening module. We offer variants for 345 MHz, and 433 MHz wireless alarm systems. And if you don't have hardwired CO detectors in your home, then we sell plenty of standalone units that pair directly with alarm panels like any other sensor.

Encore firefighter ff345 circular smoke detector takeover module

When traveling, make sure that all on-site CO sensors and smoke detectors are working properly. If you have any doubts, ask the building operators to perform a test. This is a reasonable request that any property manager should be able to accommodate. Please note that we ARE NOT suggesting that you bring canned CO gas or canned smoke on an airplane for testing purposes. That could get you into a lot of trouble. Make arrangements for on-site testing, without bringing your own supplies.

It may also be a good idea to buy a cheap conventional battery-operated carbon monoxide sensor when you get to your vacation site. It may turn out that the place you visit does not have CO detectors. This was the case with Anna Faris and her family. We do not sell standalone battery-operated CO detectors on our website. But you can get most models between $10 and $20 from most department and hardware stores. Some models will even show you the detected parts per million for CO gas! If you are staying in a larger property, you may want to obtain multiple sensors.

Remember that our goal at Alarm Grid is to keep you and your loved ones safe. If you ever need help choosing a carbon monoxide sensor for your system, or if you would like to learn more about how we can monitor your home, please email us at support@alarmgrid.com. You are also invited to call us at (888) 818-7728 during our usual business hours of 9am to 8pm ET M-F. We look forward to hearing from you!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments


Posted By

Hi DIYers! We're taking a look at the 2GIG CO3-345 Wireless Carbon Monoxide Detector today. This life-safety sensor responds to the presence of invisible and odorless carbon monoxide gas that can be lethal when inhaled. Every home should have a CO detector as a form of protection.

2gig co3 wireless carbon monoxide co detector

As we enter into the winter months, it's important to know that carbon monoxide related deaths are the highest this time of year. This is largely due to the increased use of heaters in the home. The best way to prevent these fatalities is to have any heating systems inspected by a certified technician annually and to maintain ample carbon monoxide detecting sensors in the home. For owners of 2GIG Systems, the 2GIG CO3-345 is arguably the best sensor to use for this purpose.

The CO3-345 is a wireless sensor that is powered by a CR123A lithium battery. Upon activation it products a loud temporal 4 pattern sound to alert those in the building to the danger. A helpful LED status light assists users in recognizing an alarm. The device has a five year product life before needing to be replaced. For best results, the CO3-345 should be installed near fuel burning appliances and kept clean of any dirt or dust. In addition to working with the GC2 and GC3 Systems from 2GIG, the device will also work with the Honeywell Lyric Controller.

Alarm Grid also offers CO detectors for other systems. These include the Qolsys IQ Carbon and the Honeywell 5800CO among others. All of these sensors can offer great protection for your home or business. Keep your property monitored for CO gas with a new carbon monoxide detector from Alarm Grid!

Tags: , ,

Comments