For the last 2 years, the LYNX Touch L5100 has been Honeywell's state-of-the-art wireless security system. But as advancements in technology have come a long way, it has finally come time for them to begin obsoleting the system and putting out two new systems that are a little bit bigger and little bit better. There has been very little data released about the new L7000 and L5200 they are planning on releasing, though we are attempting to report everything that comes across our desk, which is why we were so excited to see what was in the notes on this morning's Total Connect 2.3.40 update.
Along with a host of bug fixes and updates, Honeywell has an entire section outlined in the "What's New" section under the heading: "The following features also available; supported only with LYNX Touch 5200 or LYNX Touch 7000 series systems." The following is the list of L5200 and L7000 only features that were just added to Total Connect.
- Solar Scheduling (Sunrise/Sunset)
- Ability to turn something on/off triggered off sunrise/sunset
- Schedule Randomization
- Ability to randomize a fixed schedule to turn something on/off +/- 30 minutes
- Night Stays
- Ability to Arm system in “Night Stay”
- Selectable via panel to include a PIR(s) that will be active when armed in that mode
- Automation Services – Door Lock Jam
- Ability to detect when a Zwave controlled door lock is in a “Jammed” state