Hi DIYers! Today, we are very excited to talk about the all-new Z-Wave Plus lighting products from Resideo. These lights are very easy to use, and they will work with nearly any security system that supports Z-Wave. They will certainly make a great addition to any growing smart home.
Resideo (formerly Honeywell and Ademco) has been long-known for their alarm control panels, sensors, and thermostats. But they really haven't made much of a splash in terms of smart lighting equipment. But that should change with these brand-new lights. The lineup has everything you need to create a robust and capable lighting setup.
All of these products use Z-Wave Plus technology to communicate with a central hub. We strongly recommend making sure your Z-Wave controller is certified for Z-Wave Plus so that you get the maximum wireless signal range. Some systems that support Z-Wave Plus include the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus and the 2GIG GC3e. If you have monitoring service and access to Total Connect 2.0 or Alarm.com, then you can control your lights remotely and use them with smart scenes.
These devices are all super easy to program with your alarm system or other Z-Wave hub. When enrolling, you should always make sure to exclude the device from the network first. This will clear out any information and ensure that the device can be enrolled successfully. Then enroll the device by putting the controller into its inclusion mode and activating the inclusion function on the light. It should successfully pair with the network.
Now that you know a little bit about the lights in general, let's take a quick look at all of the new products individually:
- Resideo Z5SWITCH - An in-wall light switch that is used to control hardwired lights or a ceiling fan. Replaces the existing in-wall switch.
- Resideo Z5DIMMER - An in-wall dimmer switch that is used to control hardwired lights. The light bulbs must support dimming to be used in that manner. Replaces the existing in-wall switch.
- Resideo Z53WSWITCH - An in-wall 3-way switch that is used with the Z5SWITCH and Z5DIMMER. You can use multiple Z53SWITCH devices to achieve up to a 6-way lighting configuration. Please note that a traveler wire is required for use.
- Resideo Z5SWPID - A plug-in switch that is used for controlling a lamp or other connected device. It features a manual ON/OFF switch and a pass-through "non-Z-Wave" outlet.
- Resideo Z5DIMPID - A plug-in dimmer module that is used for controlling a lamp. The light bulbs must support dimming to be used in that manner. It features a manual ON/OFF switch and a pass-through "non-Z-Wave" outlet.
- Resideo Z5SWPIO - A plug-in switch that is suitable for outdoor use. Great for operating holiday lights or other outdoor lighting fixtures. It does not include a pass-through outlet.
- Resideo Z5OUTLET - An in-wall AC outlet that provides Z-Wave Plus control to the connected device. The bottom port uses Z-Wave Plus, while the top port is always active. Replaces an existing outlet.
All of these smart lighting products are available right now from Alarm Grid! They're great for anyone looking to create a new smart lighting network or expand upon an existing one. If you have any questions about these new Resideo Lights, please reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!