Hi DIYers! We are excited to learn that Firmware Version 2.4.0 is now available for the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and IQ Panel 2 Plus. The update can easily be applied at the panel or pushed from Alarm.com. Many new features and automation capabilities come included with the firmware update.
The following updates to the system are applied with Firmware Version 2.4.0:
Improved User Interface (UI)
- Ability to Hide Security, Lock, and Thermostat Pages
- Dynamic Screen Lock Page - Enable Independently from Partitions
- All-New Automation & Wellness Pages
Improved Partitions 2.0
- Global Arming
- Bluetooth Disarming by Partition
LiftMaster MyQ Garage Control
- New Panel UI for LiftMaster Garage Door Devices Paired w/ Alarm.com
ADC Scene Control
- Control Alarm.com Scenes Directly from Panel
IQ Remote Enhancements
- Alarm.com Videos thru Built-In Camera
- Live-Stream ADC Cameras and Video Doorbell thru IQ Remote (No Audio)
- Connectivity Improvements
- Support for Z-Wave Version 6.81.03 - Including S2 Security & SmartStart
- Note: Only for Panels Manufactured w/ 2.4.0 & Above; Not for Panels Receiving Update OTA
- Support for LQI 2 (link quality indicators)
- Emergency Heat Mode for Z-Wave Thermostats now supported
- QR Code Scanning for S-Line Sensor Enrollment (319.5 MHz Panel Only)
- Language Improvements
While we will certainly be showing off these features in greater detail sometime in the near future, for now we just want to show you how to download the new firmware. You can have the update pushed down automatically from the Alarm.com servers free of charge. Alarm Grid customers can do this by emailing us at email@example.com. You will need to have the panel monitored with Alarm Grid and connected to WIFI for us to do this.
But the easiest way to update is to apply the update yourself at the panel. Again, make sure your system is monitored and connected to WIFI before you begin. It will also need to be plugged-in and not have a low-battery condition. Start from the main screen of the system. Click on the small grey bar at the top. Choose Settings > Advanced Settings > Installer Code (default 1111) > Upgrade Software > Patch Tag > type in iqpanel2.4.0 > OK > Upgrade Using Network. If done correctly, the new firmware update should be downloaded. Once it has been completely downloaded, press "OK" to begin the update process. The panel will reboot as part of the update. The entire process will take around five (5) minutes and is complete after the reboot.
If you have any questions about this update, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This looks to be a very exciting update for the IQ Panel 2 plus, and we can't wait for you to check it out. We will be showing off some of these features in greater detail in the coming days. Keep checking our blog for more information!